Chapter 1: "You have no Fun"

Angel^^Fast forward a week- Cole was walking with his best friend and Running back Vinny

Angel^^
Fast forward a week- Cole was walking with his best friend and Running back Vinny. Practice was on a break for lunch and him and Vinny were ducking out for the afternoon. Neither of them was up for doing suicides' in 98-degree weather. Cole was cladded in another pair of black basketball shorts and a gray tank top. Vinny was wearing almost the same thing but with a white t-shirt with pit stains.

While walking to the main entrance Cole caught sight of a familiar face. Angel. His hair was pulled back in a ponytail at the base of his neck and he was chewing some kind of pink flavored gum.

"hey Punk!" Cole called out and Vinny rose his eyebrow, "still breaking and entering?"

"You know it!" Angel responded and pulled his lanyard out of his ripped jean pocket and swung it around his fingers.

"Coach is keeping watch for junior varsity kids trying to ditch practice"

"Good to know- but the bull dog won't catch me- headed to the rooftop today"

"Why?" Cole asked and Vinny tapped his foot impatiently. Cole reached behind him and smacked Vinny on the arm to get him to stop.

"To jump off of course- what else?" Angel rolled his eyes.

"Well I better make sure you don't hit my car when you jump" Cole suggested.

"Do what you want" Angel waved his hand in dismissal and continued walking.

Cole turned to Vinny who was standing with his mouth wide open, "what the fuck was that?"

"What?" Cole shrugged.

"The punk- why are you talking to him?"

"Cause he's amusing- I'll catch up with you tonight- I'm gonna go with him"

"Cole are you okay? Do you have heat stroke? cause you're acting fucking crazy"

"I'm fine" Cole rolled his eyes and laughed, "I'm just bugging the kid- relax- what's got your pants in a bunch?"

"If Coach finds out you're hanging with people like him then you're going to be cut"

"Coach could find me sleeping with his wife and I wouldn't be cut- he needs me" Cole laughed and started walking after Angel.

"Keep thinking that Cole!" Vinny snapped, "You're replaceable!"

"Nope!" Cole said and took off in a jog to catch up to Angel- who walked surprisingly fast. Cole didn't actually catch up to Angel but he knew where the roof entrance was so he headed there. Three flights of stairs later and Cole was looking out of the art room onto the green roof. Through the door window he could see Angel sitting in the shade and spinning an unlit cig between the fingers on his left hand.

Cole squinted his eyes with slight concern, he could see that the knuckles on Angels left hand were badly bruised and scuffed up. Cole didn't really understand the uneasy feeling in his stomach. Half of him wanted to just turn around and get in Vinny's truck before he did something stupid.