❁Chapter 16❁

Chapter 16

"So, Phoebe," Sirius smirked as he sat with her leaning on his arm. She turned her head so that she could stare at him, her eyebrow raised and completely oblivious to James on the armchair who she hadn't even realised was there. He was trying to keep his jealousy at bay, seeing the way she was very clearly amused with Sirius as she leaned against him.

He hated that she had this effect on him but it wasn't exactly surprising, he knew what she did to him even when she was alone, she entered his mind at the oddest times and made herself at home whilst he had to go hours with her peeking through the corners of his mind, able to distract him with her smile or her laugh or her eyes that seemed so vibrant against his own.

"So formal, Mr Black," Bea laughed, soon closing over her book that she had her book mark perfectly in the spot she needed, and shifting herself so that he had his full attention, her legs sprawled over his own whilst he drummed his fingertips on her knee.

"What you doing over Christmas?" the boy asked with a laugh, "Miss Lupin."

"Oh! I'm staying here," she shrugged, "I would rather not go home to my dad being a complete annoyance, but it's cool, I like the castle actually, it's very homey at Christmas, especially with the feast and all, and the beds have extra blankets, oh and the house elves always make really good hot chocolate any time you want so it's not a bad thing to stay here!

Suppose I'd like some company but I'll read more books or something, I always tell Violet that I have to read more so maybe this could be the time to do it," she shrugged, forcing a smile for the boy who looked entirely wary about her happiness, "what about you? you going to the madhouse?"

"I'm going to a madhouse but not my own," he joked, nudging his head towards the armchair, "his house, to be exact."

"Wha-" Bea turned in her seat, her smile widening and her features visibly brightening when she saw the boy sitting on the arm chair, she tried to ignore the fact that he looked particularly pouty, "James!"

"Try to be more in love, I dare you," Sirius whispered as he nudged her, earning a smack on the arm when she turned to glare at him.

"Since when have you been here?" she exclaimed, "I didn't even notice you sitting there."

"Yes because you were too invested with Sirius," James mumbled quietly, completely unaware of the wide smirk that struck Bea's features as she purposely leaned further into Sirius whilst he made a move to wrap his arm around her.

"Mr Black?"

"Yes, Miss Lupin?"

"You know I'm thinking the weirdest thing."

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

"I have a sneaking suspicion that James over there, well...I think he's jealous!" Bea exclaimed, seeing James' eyes narrow to slits at the amused look on her features.

"Well I never!" Sirius exclaimed, a gasp tumbling from his lips whilst he purposely pulled her closer in any attempts to annoy James, "you know after much speculation about this preposterous accusation, I think you're right!"

"You two can piss off," James grumbled, rolling his eyes whilst Bea couldn't stop but burst out laughing.

"Bless him," she giggled, "he's cute when he's jealous, isn't he?"

"Oh yeah," Sirius nodded, scoffing as he spoke, "so cute."

"You know you're not funny in the slightest," James grumbled.

"And here I was thinking it was almost Remus' time of the month," Bea exclaimed, "turns out it's yours, James!"

Sirius couldn't help the laugh that escaped his lips, it was entirely amusing for him to watch James get so worked up and for Bea to wind him up terribly. Bea couldn't deny that she wanted to make sure he knew that there was nothing to get jealous of, though.