❁Chapter 29❁

Chapter 29

"What about him?"

"Bea-"

"Oh! What about him?!"

"Bea I'm almost positive that he's in seventh year!"

"He's so into you."

"Isn't that illegal?"

"...probably."

"I know I asked you to help me Bea but you don't need to try and set me up with every guy that passes, I actually like someone!" Bertie sighed, leaning against the castle wall hidden from the students hurriedly walking down the halls, on their way to the library or to the great hall with friends.

"What, really?!" Bea gasped, linking her arm with the boy's as she pulled him down the hall and soon did Bertie move his arm to throw it around her shoulder. He loved the fact that he had a best friend and an arm rest in one.

"Yes!" he laughed, "I've liked him for a while now actually, I just...I don't know how to talk to him and there's also the added factor of him y'know...not liking boys."

"Well it doesn't hurt to go for it, Bertie, the worst that could happen is he turns you down!" Bea grinned, patting the boy's chest.

"No. The worst that could happen is him outing me to the whole school!" Bertie grumbled.

"Oh." Bea stopped, frowning. She turned to the boy beside her, looking him dead in the eye and speaking, "if anyone even tried- no if anyone even thought about outing you I would kill them."

"Really?"

"No one does that to my best friend, especially when you don't want to tell anyone yet," she huffs, "I'm really proud of you already, by the way. For telling the boys and Violet too, you are so brave, Bertie."

"And you're so cheesy!" the boy laughed, leaning down to kiss her forehead whilst she smiled brightly at him.

"Oi!" Bea turned to see James and Sirius up ahead, one of which looked rather amused whilst the other - her boyfriend - was feigning anger, "since when did you steal my girlfriend?!"

"Since maybe...two seconds ago!" Bertie joked, pulling Bea closer to him whilst the girl laughed.

"I thought what we had was special, Bumble," he shook his head, running a hand through his hair whilst Bea moved to throw her arms around his neck, planting a sloppy kiss on his cheek whilst his arm casually slipped around her waist.

"I can have you both," she grinned, "now what are you doing?"

James grinned sheepishly, planting a kiss on her lips quickly before bidding her a goodbye and a quick, "planning something!" and soon disappearing around the corner.

"See I want that," Bertie groaned, pulling Bea along whilst she waved to Sirius who was trying to catch up to James.

"You want James?" she teased, her eyebrow raised, "I mean if you two are sharing me then I'm sure we can share James too."

"No," he chuckled, shaking his head, "that's not what I meant Bea. I meant I want to trust someone so much that joking about stuff like that is fine, and even though you want to be with each other, you still have time for your friends and you can do your own thing without it being a problem."

Bea smiled softly, "one of the best parts of my day is finding James at the end of it and just talking about what we both did, because we don't need to be with each other every second but it's nice to know I still have him, y'know and regardless of liking someone or not, you don't need to be with someone to have that, Bert.