Date?!

Sherwin's POV

We sat together at lunch. I held his hands while we talked. I was so interested in him. I sat closer to him and put my head on his shoulder. My heart started to race, I've never been this close to him before. He put his head onto mine and squeezed my hands. I smelt his cologne and instantly fell even harder for him.

"So, what do you want to do after school?" I asked

"Hmm...maybe, a picnic?" He said sweetly

"Ok, it's a date!" I said. I realized that what I said was just a saying. Does he think this is a date? I've never been on a date before.

Jonathan's POV

Does that mean what we're doing is a date? What he said was just a saying. But we both feel the same way about each other.

"Does that means this is a date?" I asked

"Yes." He blurted out, "it can be, if you want it to" he blushed

I giggled.

"Good, I want it to be" I said while I played with his shirt collar

He giggled into my shoulder.

-later that evening-

I put on a nice shirt and dress pants. I was very nervous for this date. I've never been on a date before.

Sherwin....Sherwin....Sherwin

I couldn't stop thinking about him. Our date was at 6:00, it was only 5:29. I can't wait to see him. My red headed boy. Brown eyes that make me think of hot cocoa. He makes my belly feel warm and tingly, just like hot cocoa. Thinking about him makes my heart pound. I'm head over heals for Sherwin. I'm in love with him.

6:00 came around and I ran to the park where our date was. I was yearning to see him.

Sherwin's POV

I was very nervous. I tried to fix my little tie but my hands were too shaky. I put on one of my watches to be able to see what time it was at the park. I looked into the mirror.

I look okay, I guess.

I put on my dress shoes and grabbed our picnic materials.

"Bye mom, see you later!" I said

"Bye honey, have fun on your date with Jonathan!" She said. She winked at me and my face turned red.

My mom was very supportive. It was always just me and her. The day I finally found my feelings and told her I liked boys, she had no problem with it.

"Love is love, you can love anyone or anything you want. I support you 1 million percent." I remembered her words.

I looked at my watch. It was 5:50. I had to be at the park early to set up. I ran to the park that we were going to. (The park was walking distance from everyone's house. Our community has a park in the middle of all of our houses.) It was sunny so I found a place under a tree. I quietly set up our area. I brought fruit, popcorn, and sandwiches. I looked at my watch again, 5:58. He should be on his way. My heart started racing. I wanted to see him. My palms began to get a little sweaty and shaky. I was extremely nervous.

What if he doesn't want to do this again?

That thought made me even more nervous.

I planned to watch the sunset later with Jonathan and I would ask him if he would be my boyfriend, but I didn't know if I could get the confidence to ask him.

I snapped back to reality and looked around for Jonathan. I saw him darting his eyes around looking for me. Once he found me, he put a huge smile on his face and ran towards me.

"Hey Sherwin!" He said

I smiled at him nervously.

"Why so nervous?" He asked

"I've...um...never been on a...date before" I mumbled.

"If it makes you feel any better, I've never been on a date before either." Jonathan reassured me as he sat down next to me.

So it was both of our first dates?

"I'm sorry Jonathan" I began to say. I looked up at him. He had a frown on his face. "I'm not good with words"

He smiled.

"Then I'll make the small talk" he said

Jonathan's POV

I could tell Sherwin was really nervous. Every now and then he would fidget a little, like he was thinking about something that made him nervous. I grabbed his hands. I looked at him, he looked at me.

"I love you" I blurted out

His smile was really big, but it seemed nervous.

"I love you too." He said. His voice was like music to my ears.

I pulled him close for a hug. I squeezed him so tight. He was warm and he smelt like vanilla. So I hugged him more.

"Jonathan....I can't breathe..." he said

I released him and went back to holding his hands.

"Do you want something to eat?" Sherwin asked

"Sure." I smiled still gripping his hands

We ate and made small talk. I loved it, I loved him. I looked around at the park.

What a beautiful setting.

I saw an apple in the picnic basket, I grabbed it immediately.

"I brought that for you" Sherwin said as he giggled

I looked at him flirtatiously and twirled the apple. His face turned bright red and he fidgeted. I giggled and stopped twirling the apple.

Sherwin's POV

I looked up, the sun was setting. I had to do this.

"Jonathan, let's go watch the sunset." I grabbed his hands and ran to a hill.

He giggled as we plopped down on the ground.

"Jonathan...I know it's a little early but...will you be my boyfriend?" I asked