5.

Upon hearing the doorbell, Kelsey dashed over to open the door and blurted out in one mouthful, "I have his number."

"Well, hello to you too," Alyssa joked walking into Kelsey's apartment. "Wanna repeat what you said in speed where I can actually decipher what it was."

Kelsey repeated what she said before, "I said I got his number." Alyssa looked utterly shocked. "Him being Fionn just to clarify."

"I understood that it was Fionn Kels, whose other number would you have gotten?" Alyssa said.

"I could of got anyone's number. It didn't just have to be Fionn," Kelsey stated matter of factly.

"Kel, in the eight years I've known you, you got the guts to ask two guys for their numbers. And one of them was for a school assignment. Also, the only guy I know you're in communication with is Fionn" Alyssa countered.

Kelsey huffed in defeat knowing Alyssa was correct, "Okay, okay you're right."

"May I ask how you, of all people, managed to receive Fionn's number when you've been assuring me this is a guy you don't have feelings for?"

"Well...guess I have been lying to myself cause I feel like I'm about to explode just from attaining his number. Oh and he wrote his number on this," Kelsey said grabbing the cup Fionn used which was laying on her kitchen counter and showed it to Alyssa.

"Aw, that's extremely cute. Thanks goodness you were in such a rush today or else this would not have happened," Alyssa gushed. "You totally gotta text him right now."

"How about no. There is no way I'm going to be texting him," Kelsey voiced.

"It's not like he has your number to make the first move. If you actually want this to turn into something you gotta text first. Come'on all you have to say is 'hello'," Alyssa guided Kelsey. Kelsey's nerves began to bubble and she hadn't even sent anything to Fionn.

"What if he is busy and cannot get to his phone. I don't wanna bother--," Kelsey started by Alyssa interrupted her.

"If he's busy we will wait for him to respond. It will give me more time to grill you about your newfound feelings for Fionn," Alyssa added with a smile.

"What do I say without being awkward? I'm really not the best person for this..." Kelsey stated plopping herself on her couch. Alyssa followed Kelsey into her living space and sat beside her on the fluffy, white couch.

"Hand me over your phone," Alyssa requested Kelsey. Kelsey pulled her cell phone from the back pocket of her jeans and placed it in her friend's outstretched hand. Alyssa opened a new text message, typed in Fionn's number and wrote a quick message.

Alyssa gave Kelsey back her phone. "Do you like this?" Alyssa asked in reference to the text she created. Kelsey nodded in agreement and hovered her fingered over the 'send' button. Knowing Kelsey would never do it, Alyssa reached over and guided Kelsey's finger to press the button.

Kelsey let out a breath she didn't know she was holding once she saw the message bubble on the small screen of her cell phone.

kelsey
hi fionn!

Within a minute Fionn had written back.

fionn
um...who is this?

kelsey
kelsey hawkins. from the last drop café.

fionn
i see. that means you got my little message on your cup ;)

"He sent a winky face. I repeat he sent a winky face. I don't know what to do!" Kelsey panicked.

"Kels, calm down. It's like you've never texted a guy you like before," Alyssa stated. Kelsey narrowed her eyes in Alyssa's direction not in the mood for her sarcasm.

"How do I reply without sounding weird?"

"The more thought you put into it the stranger it will seem. Just pretend this is a normal conversation between friends. Don't overthink anything," Alyssa advised.

kelsey
yeah i did :)

fionn
I don't think I need to ask you this but will you be at the last drop tomorrow?

kelsey
haha, yeah i will be there.

fionn
wanna meet up again? not on accident, on purpose this time.

"Alyssa!" Kelsey yelped.

"I'm right here, there's no need to scream," Alyssa laughed, "but what?"

"Fionn just asked me out. To The Last Drop. As an actual meet up. Like on purpose. No coincidences," Kelsey rambled.

"So basically a date."

"Fionn didn't classify it a date."

"Kelsey. You're a very smart girl. When a boy and girl go do something together when feelings are involved it tends to be considered a date," Alyssa instructed Kelsey who was currently pacing back and forth in her tiny living room.

"Well, maybe it's a platonic thing and he just wants to be friends. That's probably why he didn't refer to it has a 'date'," Kelsey mumbled to herself.

"Are you going to answer him or not? Either you want to go on a 'not date' with him or you don't it's pretty simple," Alyssa explained.

Kelsey grabbed her phone and began to reply to Fionn.

kelsey
sure, i'd love to.

fionn
sounds like a plan. see you tomorrow at our usual time and place.

kelsey
can't wait!

After Kelsey ended her talk with Fionn she showed Alyssa the messages.

"Looks like you got yourself a 'not date'," Alyssa joked continuing Kelsey's persistent description of Fionn and her meet up.

The rest of the evening is spent between boxes of Chinese takeout, confessions about true feelings, and hunts for the perfect outfit, which Alyssa found stupid if Kelsey was still branding it as not a date.

********
hope you guys enjoy this chapter!