11.

Kelsey woke up in a tangle of sheets with arms wrapped around her waist. Momentarily she was confused about where she had just slept, until she remembered the disaster that was supposed to be a relaxing night with Fionn. Trying not to get worked up over the phone call that ruined her day, Kelsey moved Fionn's arm off of her body and went into the bathroom.

I really need to tell Fionn about everything. It doesn't feel right if he doesn't know.

    "Kels? Are you alright?" Fionn groggily said. He turned towards the bathroom door where the light was visible under the door.

"I'm fine, I will be out in just a minute."

After Kelsey was finished in the bathroom she climbed back into bed with Fionn.

"I'm quite hungry. How do you feel about breakfast?" Fionn asked Kelsey rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"The sounds delicious right now," Kelsey said as her stomach grumbled upon thinking about food.

"Great! I like to think I can make killer pancakes so you better be ready to eat the best ones ever," Fionn boasted.

"I will be the judge of that," Kelsey giggled following Fionn from the bedroom out into the kitchen. Kelsey say herself down on one of the bar stools places against the counter and watched as Fionn gathered all the materials to make breakfast.

When Fionn was finished on the counter sat toast, strips of bacon, scrambled eggs, two cups of steaming coffee, and of course Fionn's 'killer pancakes'.

After taking one bite of Fionn's home cook meal and Kelsey was in love. "I have to admit. These pancakes are pretty killer," she said while chewing on the food.

"What did I say? I knew you would not have been able to turn them down," Fionn spoke proud of himself. Kelsey flashes him a smile in response and continued to eat the delectable food.

After all the dishes were washed and put away, Fionn and Kelsey were snuggled up with a blanket and cups of coffee on his sofa.

"Hey Fionn, can we talk about something?" Kelsey asked her boyfriend.

"Yeah totally, what's up?"

"This has to do with the phone call I got last night. There's some stuff about my past that I haven't ever told you," Kelsey hesitated making sure Fionn was following. Fionn nodded his head, unsure where this conversation was going.

"I've been pretty evasive about my family
and haven't really mentioned anything about them," Kelsey trailed trying to find the right words to continue. Fionn stayed silent allowing his girlfriend take all the time she needed to express what she wanted to say.

"And after the call I received last night I figured it's better that I tell you everything."

"So let me start by saying the guy that called me is my brother. Kaiden is my brother who is three years older than me. I also have a younger sister who is currently 17. Her name is Kennedy."

"So the story starts about three years ago when my dad had been very distance in our family for a good couple of months. Neither one of my siblings really noticed how uncharacteristic it was for my dad. My dad had always been the father to come home early from work to eat dinner with his wife and kids. There were rarely any times that my dad would be home late in the night, until these few months.