9.

------ 3 months later ------

It has been three blissful months since the couple started their relationship. Everyone around them is envious of the cheerfulness the two emit when around each other.

     Even if Fionn and Kelsey are busy and cannot find a time to hang out, they are constantly in communication through texting. Alyssa even has to take Kelsey's phone away when they have 'girl's nights' because Kelsey will stay attached to the phone messaging Fionn all night if she could.

     Fionn and Kelsey truly were so happy together.

------------------------------

     Fionn had invited Kelsey over for a their weekly movie night which had happened every Friday for the past month. Kelsey had just arrived at Fionn's apartment for their evening together.

     Kelsey knocked on Fionn's wooden front door and bounced on the heels of her feet waiting for him to open the door.

"Good evening gorgeous," Fionn said propping his door open wide for Kelsey to step inside. A deep blush formed on Kelsey's cheeks, an effect Fionn still has on her even after three months of dating.

Kelsey slipped her overworn Converse off and left the tattered pair of sneakers by the front door. She gazed around Fionn's apartment taking in the surroundings. The few other movie nights they have had have been at Kelsey's place so this was the first time Kelsey had entered Fionn's home.

     She viewed the petite sized kitchen with stainless steel appliances and a granite countertop crowded with countless pieces of school assignments Fionn had yet to finish.

    Kelsey moved her sight into the cozy living room area with a matching tan couch and chair where the high-level of use could be detected through the fading color of the cloth. Sat a few feet away from the couch was a flat screen television currently turned on to the channel describing the nightly news.

     There were two doors on her right side and one on her left. She assumed one lead to Fionn's bedroom, one to a bathroom, and the last one to a closet.

     "I'm excited for the movie you picked. The last one you choose was really good," Kelsey said towards Fionn breaking the silence.

     "So I know you've been pestering me to watch this film, and I finally went to the store and bought it and thought what's a better way to commemorate my first time seeing it than with you," Fionn explained. He held up the CD casing to show Kelsey.

     "Yes! You bought "The Notebook"! I'm just going to warn you though, I will cry during this movie," Kelsey giggled jogging over to Fionn's couch to prepare to watch one of her all time favorite films.

     "I'll grab a box of tissues for you," Fionn teased his girlfriend. Kelsey stuck her tongue out at Fionn in response. "There are blankets in the chest on the side of the couch if you want one. I'm going to pop some popcorn for us as a snack."

     Kelsey opened up the container filled with blankets and pulled out the fluffiest one she could find. Kelsey instantly wrapped herself in the comfortable fabric and leaned her head against the pillows lied haphazardly on the couch.

     The smell of butter enveloped her nose as the sound of kernels popping accompanied the scent.

     "That smells really good," Kelsey shouted over the sound of the food cooking and television. Fionn arrived with two big bowls of popcorn knowing how much Kelsey adores to munch on popcorn during movies. Fionn handed over one of the bowls and settled into the couch right next to Kelsey.

     "Oh, wait. I forgot something," Fionn stated standing up from the couch going back into the kitchen. Kelsey sat confused as to what Fionn possibly could have forgot as they both had their snack and the movie was already in the DVD player.

     "Here ya go," Fionn said tossing something in Kelsey's direction. With bad reflexes Kelsey managed to miss catching the object earning a laugh from Fionn.

     Kelsey bent down to pick up the item and rolled her eyes at Fionn.

     "Really. You did not actually have to get me a box of tissues," Kelsey complained setting the box on the glass coffee table near the bowls teeming with popcorn.

     "I find it quite funny," Fionn joked sitting back down on the couch.

     "Of course you do," Kelsey mumbled underneath her breath. To her dismay, Fionn caught what she said.

     "Care to repeat that loud enough so I could hear? Fionn kiddingly asked.

     "No. Not really," Kelsey continued with their playful banter.

     "Well, guess that means I have only one thing to do you make you speak," Fionn said moving closer to Kelsey.

     "What would that be Mr. Whitehead?" Kelsey innocently questioned.

     "To tickle you, Miss. Hawkins," Fionn spoke trying to look serious but failing miserably.

     He reached over and began attacking Kelsey with merciless tickles. Kelsey tried to push Fionn off but he trapped her on the couch with his legs on either side of her torso.

    "F-Fi-Fionn....s-stop," Kelsey said through fits of laughing.

     "Not until you thank me for bringing you tissues we both know you are going to need," Fionn responded continuing to tickle Kelsey.

     "Never," Kelsey defiantly spoke trying to shove Fionn off of her. Fionn further his offense by kissing Kelsey all over her face and neck.

"Fine! You win!" Kelsey yelped. Fionn instantly stopped upon hearing Kelsey's defeat. He gave her a quick kiss on the lips and sat up on the couch grabbing the remote to start the movie.

     Kelsey shifted from her place laying on the couch as a disheveled mess. She sat back up, fixed her hair, and moved to cuddle up to Fionn's side. Fionn automatically placed his arm around Kelsey as she laid her head in his lap.

     Kelsey looked up at Fionn and smiled up at her boyfriend. "You're going to love this movie. I promise," she said.

     "Anything you love, I am sure to love as well," Fionn stated. The sound of the movie starting consumed the room as Fionn pulled Kelsey closer to snuggle up to her.

------------------------------

The boisterous ring of Kelsey's cellphone interrupted their film about halfway through. Kelsey groaned and stood up from her warm position in Fionn's arms, quite reluctantly, to grab her phone to answer the call. Kelsey is in shock of the person who she hasn't had communication with for two years to be calling her and almost dropped her phone.

She answered the call and heard the words she never thought she would hear.

"You need to come back home."

********
drama is startinggg ;)) im excited for what's going to happen in the next few chapters. anyways, thank you all so so much for reading. i appreciate every single one of you. leave a vote or comment if you'd like!