Chapter 3: Six years ago.

Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream -Khalil Gibran

______________<3_____________

She walked through the hostel doors and straight to her dorm room. Furious could not describe how she felt. Her mother had just informed her she was getting married to some Dele man. It hurt that she had to find out just now.

She groaned as she sunk into her bed.

She stared at the books every where.

"Damn you! University of Lagos!" she cursed. She had assignments to do. She was in her second year and she couldn't loose any marks at all. She needed good grades to help keep her gp at 3 point and aim at a first class.

Her door opened and he walked in, she smiled as she saw him. He looked good, always.  His hazel eyes looked stressed and pale, his fair skin had been sunkissed. Dotted with red spots on his forehead, he still looked dashing. She remembered how they first met seven months ago.

He had been walking out the school library and she had been walking in with Lola and Ify, her two best friends when he bumped into Lola.

"You could have looked where you were going!" he had snapped.

Lola glared at him but said nothing as she picked her books up, she was ill and too weak to talk. Ify was on the phone and had moved aside, Lola would have gone crazy but she was too weak to talk. So that left Derin.

"Are you blind or is it that all the hinges in your brain fell off? Can't you see she is ill?" Derin snapped.

He looked down at Lola, his eyes suddenly softened and he looked sympathetic.

"I'm sorry," he breathed after seconds of staring. He bent down and helped her with her books. Lola nodded and went in, not in the mood for more talks.

He turned to her and smirked."What are you? A body guard?" He asked smirking. He looked angry before though.

She shook her head and walked past him.

She'd seen him again at the cafeteria and that was the day yemi, her rival in class had decided to bump into her with a cocacola in hand and murmured an incoherent 'sorry' then waltzed away.

"Here." she saw a handkerchief flash infront of her, she looked up, it was him again. He smirked and grabbed her arm.

"Might as well buy you lunch." he led her to the counter and they had argued all the way.

They hit it off after that, as friends even with all the bickering but two months later he wanted something more. And she should have remembered he was leaving the university soon to go to law school and she still had two more years.

The present called her back. Nonso smacked his lips to hers chastely. She giggled, pulling her head back.

"Your forehead is red. My God. Did you not with your umbrella? You have rashes there already," She placed her hands on it.

He closed his eyes as her hand touched hid forehead. His lips curled up in satisfaction. He enjoyed her touch. She dropped her hands

"Hey," he smirked and pouted.

"Day dreamer." She sang.

She rolled her eyes and rested her head on her palm.

"How was it with your mother?" He said relaxed into the bed.