Losing Faith

Tick tock... goes the clock...

Time moves forward. But somehow I stand still.

Somehow everyone is laughing around me, feeling satisfied and happy with their lives, and here I am. Questioning my existence on the planet.

"Violet are you feeling ok?" Sabine said on the other side of Marinette's door.

I wanted to scream it, "NO! I want nothing more to go back home! To not be surrounded by people who's lives I'm jealous of!"

But I couldn't, I had to stick to the plan. "I'm fine. Just homesick..."

"Do you want me to try and get in contact with your mother again?" Sabine asked for about the thousandth time.

Every answer was a yes, and every answer would be the disappointment of going to voicemail. Each time more crushing than the past one, the damn voice on the other side of the line saying "Hello you've reached..." so fake, so heartbreaking...

A tear slipped out and an answer I hadn't thought through, "There's no use. Don't try."

Sabine wavered there a few seconds, each second I begged in my mind for her to go away. Biting my lip I was hiding my tears and I was afraid any second I would break out into a massive sob that I had been holding on for over two months. Everything was an acting game, I couldn't even sob in my own bed in fear that Marinette would hear and ask me if I was alright.

And any time I just sat on the toilet and pulled myself together for over ten minutes someone from the Dupain-Chang family would ask me if I was feeling ok. Over the past two months I had developed a pain in my stomach that naturally made my face twist in a sad agony. But soon enough the pain was second nature to me.

After a few seconds I heard Sabine say, "Well... come down when you get hungry..."

Then she walked away.

I bit my lip and covered my mouth as the sobs rolled down my cheeks like huge waterfalls, I felt totally exposed since this place wasn't home and would never be close to home.

Before I knew it I heard the door open and a familiar voice say, "Violet?"

No, no weakness! Especially in front of him!

"Go away!" I screamed grabbing the blanket and tossing it over my head begging for something to take me away and bring me back home.

"Violet," I heard Adrien's voice say as he rushed over to me. He laid his hand down on my shoulder on top of the blanket and I shivered away.

Whatever feelings I felt for Adrien Agreste had to be hidden.

"Go away Adrien," I sniffled.

That's when Marinette's computer turned on, I felt Adrien react but I just laid still.

"New news! Three people have been akumatized at once! What is this suppose to mean for the people of Paris?! Three criminals coming out to attack stay home!" The computer rang out.

"I got to go Violet," Adrien said getting up. "I'll be back soon."  He rushed out the door.

I unraveled the blankets and stood up, cleaning up my face I shuffled through my drawer of clothes to find a blank spot between two shirts. I put my hand to the blank spot and made the material see able. I quickly put it on while putting on my mask and turned invisible again while opening up the door slowly and walking out of the house.

People were screaming and running around the street but my shocked gaze landed on Dash in a black suit that said H on it.

Dash has been akumatized.