The Reveal

I held my breath, not because I wanted to know who Ladybug was, not because Ladybug was defeated, but because my dad had been captured. I had already known... but seeing it in person hurt so much more. Ladybug's bottom half of her costume had disappeared and all we could see were her pink jeans, but in an estimated minute she would be revealed to the public.

"Ok Invisagirl I have a plan," Cat Noir said worriedly but quickly. "I'll be a distraction for the big guy. Maybe you can go to his backside and set his butt on fire or something. Something to drop Ladybug."

Before I could even think about a protest he had run off to go save her. A million thoughts ran through me as I thought about how my dad and my whole family could've been abducted when they were sent to different parts of the world yet I was sent literally right into danger and Hawkmoth couldn't find me.

I found my place right behind my father as Cat Noir failed to try and open my father's fists to free Ladybug. "Okay new powers, let's see how good you are." I said as I put my hands out and pointed them toward my father. Flames spurted out with a purple base that flowed beautifully into a red and orange. My father quickly jumped forward by the pain of the burns. His head turned slowly as his once loving eyes made contact with mine and darkened at the sight of me.

All of a sudden holding up the defeated heroine didn't matter anymore as he threw her to his side and kept the miraculous tucked away in a safe space. As Ladybug went flying Cat Noir quickly set out running and jumping after her. "Cat Noir! No! Please!" I screamed as I realized I was left alone with my akumatized father.

My father started running on the side of my flames so he wouldn't be touched. I quickly became invisible and set off running. Once I was at a good distance I would send random fireballs flying in back of me so he could dodge them. Because I was invisible he eventually lost me. I quickly climbed into a tree above him and sent a rapid flame down. I didn't look because I couldn't stand to hear my father scream out in pain.

Then I felt someone grab me, and I turned around to see my akumatized mother starring down at me with delight at her capture. "Let me go!" I screamed trying to send flames at her. But she made distance between them as she stretched different directions never letting me go. Eventually I had to give up, my miraculous was beeping and I was getting tired. There was no way I could win this double akumatized fight against my parents by myself.

Cat Noir's POV

I quickly set out running as Ladybug who was transforming into Marinette was being sent through the sky. I finally caught her in my arms and found a place to hide us. She had completely detransformed and was Marinette.

"Oh Cat Noir," she said hugging me. "I let everyone down. Everyone. And now Hawkmoth has my miraculous... oh poor Tikki." She sobbed into my shoulder.

I put my hand on her cheek and made her look at me. "You didn't let anyone down. You just made one mistake. You're a human Marinette, but you're pretty damn close to perfect."

"H-h-how do you know my name?" Marinette asked in between sobs as her face looked at me with astonishment. Her body was limp and her legs were folded underneath her. She was wearing the same outfit she wore everyday but it was dirtier and her face looked slightly bruised.

I brushed her hair down from its frizzy state and said, "Because I know you Marinette." Looking down at my hands I removed my ring from my finger and let myself willingly detransform. I could feel Plagg pop up to my shoulder, but he didn't have any sassy remarks as he saw what state we were in.

Marinette starred at me in shock with her mouth slightly open and her tearful eyes were wide. "You... you knew it was me." I nodded feeling my head become heavy. "So you knew it was me... that's why you asked me out."

"Yeah," I smiled. "It's not very hard. You just have to draw a mask over the person you think it is." I chucked a bit and she chuckled also.

"I should've known, you two are both the most kind, courageous, and cute guys in my life." She said blushing a little but as she looked to her right and down at the floor.

I quickly went in for the kiss, our lips crashed together and she kissed me back. I had kissed Marinette before on our first date. But the feeling wasn't quite there. Something about her not being Ladybug in that moment didn't seem to click the first time I kissed her. It didn't feel right the first time. It didn't feel like I loved her. This time was a little different though. Having admitted why I asked her out in the first place made this feel right. Having her know that I was more than the pretty boy in her class and that I was Cat Noir, the guy who had gone on so many adventures and defeated so many villains, with her just made this feel right.

"Sorry to ruin your guy's make out session, but I think you need to see this." Plagg yelled from the entrance of our hiding spot.

Marinette and I quickly walked together hand in hand as we looked at the damaged Paris before us. But worst of all there was Invisagirl who was being strangled by two villains and taken away over the buildings and out of sight. How could I? Cat Noir, have left her all by herself and let her get taken away?