Love

"We have to go after her!" I yelled starting to put my ring back on.

"Wait Adrien!" Marinette said holding my hand concerned.

"I can't let them take her!" I said looking at Marinette angrily.

She frowned at my hostility and I let my face soften. "There's no way you can defeat all of those akumatized villains by yourself. Let's go to Master Fu and get help." Marinette said trying to tug me in the direction of Master Fu's which was the opposite direction.

"We don't have time Marinette." I said looking off into the distance seeing that Invisagirl was nowhere to be found.

"Adrien, Master Fu is all the way across town. With you I can get there in a manner of minutes-"

"I can't spare minutes! We're wasting valuable seconds right now!" I said pointing out at the buildings.

"You can't go there alone Adrien! With two extra kwammis Hawkmoth is more powerful than we can imagine." Marinette said looking out at the buildings as well.

"I'm sorry... but I have to try." I said looking Marinette in the eyes. "Plagg claws out!" Immediately I transformed and smiled at Marinette. "My lady you can go to Master Fu's but I need to do this."

"Adrien no!" Marinette yelled out at me as I left following after the villains.

I know it was stupid. And I know that it was more logical to get help before running in blindly. It was just like with Marinette detransforming, I had no thought I must do it. If anyone had harmed her I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. It was my fault she was taken.

Marinette's P.O.V.

As Adrien left not taking a glance in my direction I felt my heart slowly break. The fact he felt so focused on Invisagirl reminded me of all the times as Cat Noir he pined after me. Even though he promised his heart to me there was apart of me that felt my feelings were one sided.

I quickly shook off these thoughts. My feelings for Adrien cannot come between saving Paris. I've messed up in the past and put my feelings for Adrien before innocent people and have hurt them enough to get akumatized, but as the savior of Paris I must learn and move on from these mistakes. Today I shall not repeat them.

My feet began to move and before I knew it I was running through the ravages of Paris trying to figure out where I was and how far away I was from Master Fu's. My phone started ringing though and I abruptly stopped my running pace to grab my phone.

"Hello?" I said starting to look around and walk in different directions.

"Oh thank god! You're ok!" Alya yelled happily on the other side of the phone.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" I replied trying to act confused.

"Marinette, you don't have to lie anymore..." Alya said in a sad tone.

"Lie about what?" I said very nervously gritting my teeth.

Alya took a deep breath, "That you're Ladybug."

"What?!" I said hopping up in the air out of surprise and almost dropping my phone.

"When you were hurtled in the air it was caught on live TV. If you slow down the clip of your detransformation you can see a flurry of pink and blue. People who don't recognize you can't identify you since the clip is so blurry." Alya took a deep breath after dropping that bomb shell on me. "All this time I thought Ladybug was some fantastical girl on the other side of Paris. Yet here she is right under my nose as my best friend," Alya nervously chuckled.

"Please don't tell anyone Alya..." My voice cracked as I said that. I've failed as Ladybug. My identity is out there and I haven't defeated this villain.

"Of course not girl! I have your back!" Alya said reassuringly.

"Speaking of having each other's backs... I need you as Rena Rouge." I said shaking off my bordering tears and focusing on my mission.

"Of course! Should I call Nino as well?" Alya said pulling out her phone.

"Yes! Tell him to get ready! We must go to the Miraculous holder first though. Then I shall give him his kwami." I said grabbing Alya's hand and running into the distance.

Adrien's P.O.V.

I ran along rooftops extremely fast. My feet just moved automatically across the buildings of Paris. I had fought among these buildings many times, but never in a situation so dire. I followed the marks left in the ground by the villains. They were very sloppy at keeping their tracks hidden.

But then again... what if they're leading me there? To Hawkmoth. So he can take my Miraculous. Maybe he's using a girl that I love to lead me to whatever sick plan he wants to use with my miraculous.

I immediately froze. Did I just say that I loved her? No no no. You do not love Invisagirl. You've been in love with Marinette this entire time. She's a genius and a heroine to all of Paris. Invisagirl is just some random girl that showed up out of nowhere. You don't know anything about her.

Yet you've felt a stronger attraction to her than Ladybug.

"Stop!" I yelled shaking my head and continuing to run alongside the path left for me. "Stay focused. No matter what the motive is."

I managed to clear my thoughts until the path stopped. Right before my eyes I looked up to see a towering building with a broken window. I recognized it as my own home.