Part 9

Mia's POV

My breathing was unsteady as I paced the small bathroom, shaking with anger. How could I be so stupid? I can't believe I had started to trust him, to care for him. He was still the jerk that had kidnapped me and locked me in a basement. He had taken me away from my life, it wasn't great but it was mine. I didn't have any family that cared about me and my boss was a dick but I had a job, money, my own apartment and now I had nothing. Dan had taken all that away from me, he took everything that I had built for myself, for his own selfish reasons which he wouldn't even tell me about.

I let out a scream of frustration and punched the mirror in front of me, instantly regretting it as blood oozed from my knuckles. Great. I heard Dan's hurried footsteps as he ran to the door but I wasn't going to let him in. Not until he told me.

"Mia? Mia are you okay? What did you do? Mia?" Dan asked frantically causing me to laugh hysterically.

"Like you care!" I screamed back.

"Mia" he sighed "I do care okay, now just come out. I'm guessing you're hurt and the first aid kit is still out so just let make sure you're okay"

"no,no,no" I said furiously "you don't get to do this. You don't get to pretend that you care. I'm not coming out until you explain what the hell is going on"

"Mia open this door or I swear to God" he commanded from the other side of the door.

I scoffed at the statement.

"Or what? You're gonna break down the door like you did last name?" I responded back.

I looked down to my knuckles, now a deep crimson and drops of blood fell to the floor. I couldn't believe we were in this situation again, we were fine then I opened my mouth and ruined it, ruined the moment. No, I won't take the blame for this, this is Dan's fault for not telling me the truth.

"Mia. Mia please just open the door" his voice softened but I wasn't going to fall for that again.

"Tell me the truth Dan or I'll leave and go straight to the cops"

I wasn't messing around anymore, silence fell between us before I heard a sigh from the other side of the door.

"Fine but come out first" he said.

"How do I know you won't just lock me away" I asked, I wasn't taking any chances.

"Trust me?" He said.

I walked over to the door and reached for the handle and paused. How could I trust him? He kidnapped me. Before I could carry on with my thoughts, my hand opened the door and I came face to face with him. He reached out his hand.

"Come on, follow me, I want to show you something"

I took his hand and forgot all the things I thought about him, at this moment I didn't care, our fingers were interlaced with each other's and the warmth of his skin warmed up my cold skin.

We reached the door that led to the room that Dan didn't want me in. He hesitated for a while standing at the door, his hand hovering over the handle.

"Dan if you don't want to do this, I won't force you, I shouldn't have forced you to do something you're not comfortable with" I mumbled

"No you're right, I should tell you, after all this is the reason I kidnapped you"

He tentatively opened the door and flicked on the light before guiding me into the room.

***

Thanks for 100 reads!!!!!

Don't forget to keep voting, commenting what you think so far and follow me :)

Byeeee Fellow Trash.