Part 41

Mia's POV

A few days had passed since Dan had promised to get help. He hadn't called since but I remained hopeful. I was sat in the living room with Joe and Byron, a movie was playing softly in the background but none of us were paying attention. My mind kept wandering back to Dan and doubt began to crawl it's way into my thoughts. What if he hasn't got help? What if he didn't mean what he said?

It was then that we heard a knock at the door, startling us slightly before Joe got up to answer the door and Byron looked back to his phone. I began thinking about Dan again when I heard footsteps coming back towards the living room, not just one set but two. I glanced over, waiting to see who was with Joe and jumped from my seat immediately when I saw who it was.

"Mia" he breathed, his face curling into a ecstatic smile as our eyes met.

A smile grew on my lips to match his as I ran into his arms, something I've wanted to do for so long. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me close in the warm embrace as he lightly kissed the top of my head.

"I've missed you so much" he whispered.

"We'll give you guys some space" Joe said tugging Byron off the sofa.

Me and Dan laughed softly and they soon disappeared out of sight.

"So.." I began as I reluctantly pulled away from the hug "did you manage to see someone?"

"Yeah, I've just had my first session, Mia it helped me so much even though this was the first one I already feel different" He said happily.

The Dan that I loved was slowly coming back to me and I couldn't be happier.

"Good I'm so happy to hear that Dan I really am" I replied my voice filled with joy.

We moved to sit down on the sofa and just talked, something that seemed so simple yet so missed.

After a couple of hours I began to grow tired, Dan noticed this and stood up.

"I better be going" He sighed "you're tried, you need to rest"

I mumbled, some incoherent noise and Dan chuckled before kissing my forehead and laying me down on the sofa.

"Bye Mia, I love you"

Dan's POV

I felt like a different person, the old happy me was back. I was beginning to become the person I was before the accident, the dark angry void within me was once again returning to a warm happy feeling.

Not only did Mia give me a second chance, she encouraged me to get help, she didn't give up on me like anyone else would have. The smile never left my face the whole time and by the time I arrived at my apartment my face ached from smiling. I haven't felt this good in a while and it was all thanks to Mia. The short amount of time I've just had with her made me realise how much she meant to me; she made me feel alive. She seemed to be just as happy as I did and Joe and Byron seemed to be taking good care of her, which I was grateful for.

I pulled out my phone, sending a quick text Joe, thanking him for letting me see Mia and for looking after her whilst I got better. After, I headed into the living room, dropping onto the sofa a smile still adorning my lips as I did. Joe replied within minutes saying she's welcome to stay as long as she needs and I can visit whenever and promised to take care of her.

I put my phone down and sighed as I glanced over at the empty space that was once filled with the TV and decided to order a new one as I grabbed my laptop from where I left and ordered a new TV.

Once I had finished dinner and washed the dishes, I was just about to head into the shower when my phone buzzed, I picked it up and saw the text message was from Joe.

Hey Dan it's Mia, I forgot to tell you I'm having an ultrasound the day after tomorrow and I'd like you to be there, Love you xxx

I quickly replied a yes before getting in the shower.

'I need to buy Mia her own phone, I can trust her now, I can surprise her with it when we go to the scan' I thought.

Once I had a shower, I got changed and headed to bed.

***

Vote, comment & follow

Byeee Fellow Trash