Part 37

Dan's POV

I screamed as I watched her leave with Joe and Byron, kicking the TV over and watching it smash into pieces.

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid" I yelled, gripping my hair in my fists as I paced knocking over whatever got in my way.

She's gone.

She's left.

Why would she leave me?

I sobbed angrily punching the wall next to me and began pacing again. I need to get her back she knows I would never hurt her yet she still left with them, she still left me.

I collapsed to the floor tears streaming down my face which I angrily wiped away. This is all my fault, I should have never reacted like that. Mia's scared face was etched into my mind, the look of terror in her eyes haunting me. I had caused that. This was all my fault.

Once the tears had subsided I began to clean up the mess distracting myself for an hour or two before reality hit again. I glanced round the now clean apartment and realised I was alone yet again and it was no one else's fault but my own.

I dragged myself into the shower letting the water hit my skin as I just stood there doing nothing other than counting the ways I screwed up.

Once I'd finished in the shower I slipped into some joggers before walking into my empty room and climbed into my empty bed, I looked over to my side where Mia normally sleeps, where she would cuddle up to me whilst she was fast asleep. The tears began to fall again as I turned to the ceiling and thought just how meaningless I was without Mia beside me.

Mia's POV

I stared blankly out of the car window, watching London pass by me allowing myself to get lost in my thoughts.

This was all my fault. If I hadn't gone to Deborah none of this would be happening, me and Dan would be still happy. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Joe opening the car door and holding his hand out to me.

"come on Mia let's get you inside" He calmly spoke as Byron took my bag and headed inside.

I nodded slightly and fumbled with my seatbelt, my hands still shaking from the previous events. After a few moments Joe leaned across, undoing my seatbelt and gently pulling me from the car, offering me a small smile as he did so. I felt numb and lost as I followed them into their apartment.

Byron placed my bag down as we entered the apartment.

"well here we are, sit down I'll make a drink of tea" Joe said guiding me to the sofa before walking into the kitchen.

I relaxed into the sofa and waited for Joe to return. Breathing deeply my mind wandered to Dan, what was he doing now? Was he going to do something stupid because I wasn't there to stop him? Will he come and take me back?

My thoughts were broken when Joe placed a cup of tea down in front of me and sat beside me.

"You can stay for as long as you want ok? Just take your time to think things through. Me and Byron will look after you" He said softly as he wrapped his arm around me supportively.

I smiled weakly muttering a thanks before taking a sip of my drink. We sat in silence except for Joe and Byron occasionally attempting to make conversation before they gave up, choosing to play around on their phones instead as I stared blankly ahead, occasionally sipping my tea as my thoughts ran wild.

Eventually I felt my eyelids begin to grow heavy, a yawn escaping my lips as I placed my empty cup down.

"Hey you're tired c'mon you can sleep in my room, I'll take the sofa" Joe spoke, standing from the sofa as he did so.

"oh no it's fine I can take the sofa I've caused enough trouble as it is" I mumbled guiltily looking at my hands to avoid their gazes.

"Don't be ridiculous Mia it's no trouble at all" Joe said, Byron muttering in agreement with him.

I felt guilt wash over me but was too tired to argue anymore and instead followed Joe as he led me to his room.

He placed my bag beside his bed and grabbed some pyjamas from his drawer for himself.

"Bathroom is just through there, if you need anything just give me a shout" Joe said smiling.

"Thank you" I replied as he shut the door, leaving me alone.

I rummaged through the bag finding something to wear for bed, my hand fell on a long black shirt that I pulled out slowly only to realise it was one of Dan's. Throwing it to one side I searched through my bag once more to find something else but found nothing so I grabbed the shirt again and headed into the bathroom to have a shower and freshen up.

Once I was changed I got into bed and curled up in an attempt to warm myself up, normally Dan would be beside me his body heat keeping me warm throughout the night but now it was just me. Dan's words looped through my mind "We're in this together" "We can get through all of this. I promise"

I looked to my side and saw his promises were just as empty as this bed.

***

Vote, comment and follow

Thanks for 800 reads!!!!

Byeee Fellow Trash