Part 39

Mia's POV

As soon as the door closed behind him I let out the tears I had been holding in, almost falling to the floor before I was caught by Byron who gently picked me up and carried me back to Joe's room.

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop the tears. Byron sat next to me running his hand up and down my back in an attempt to calm me but it didn't work, the angry sobs kept coming and it became increasingly harder to breath as my thoughts became clouded with the look of betrayal and hurt on Dan's face followed by the thinly disguised anger that contorted his face as he left.

After what felt like hours I had calmed down and slowly sat up, Byron still by my side and his hand on my back.

"That was really brave Mia, you know that" he said.

I smiled slightly before a timid knock broke the silence, The door slowly opened and Joe popped his head round.

"Just to let you know that dinner is done. I made it myself" He said proudly.

Byron and I both laughed at how proud he sounded before we walked down the stairs to the kitchen, where Joe was serving it up onto plates. I breathed in deeply and stopped as I saw what the dinner was ; spaghetti and meatballs. A mixture of nostalgia and anxiety built up as Joe handed me my plate. I muttered a thanks before sitting down.

"Mia I know you've had a stressful day but you need to eat at least one bite " Joe said concerned after a while.

I glanced at Joe and Bryon to see they had eaten their food and my food remained uneaten.

I pushed my food around hesitantly taking a bite. A wave of emotions hit me as I took the bite and I knew that Joe was right, I did have to eat so I finished the meal, thanking Joe again for making it.

Dan's POV

Walking back into the empty apartment, I felt a wave of loneliness wash over me. Once again my apartment had returned to its dark and messy state, no sign of the happy memories clawing at my brain. I could still hear Mia's distraught crying ringing in my ears and it was tearing me apart knowing it was all because of me she didn't want to come back. I had lost her.

Desperate for comfort I made my way to the one room I never thought I'd go in again and sank onto the bed, wrapping the colourful sheets around me and nuzzling into the pillow not making a move to wipe the tears falling from my eyes.

My stomach rumbled and I was hit with the realisation that I hadn't eaten all day but brushed the thought off as I burrowed further into the bed, trying to shut everything out but nothing could erase the overpowering loneliness flooding the apartment. Nothing could erase it but Mia.

I inhaled deeply, Phil's scent still only just distinguishable, calming me down slightly as I began to unwrap the duvet that acted as a shield from the outside world and tentatively made the bed.Silence greeted me as I took a deep breath and made my way to the door. I glanced around once more before shutting the door and making my way to the kitchen for something to eat.

I reached for the cereal thinking about how Phil would always steal it and how it was Mia's favourite. I felt a pain in my chest at the thought of Mia and quickly tried to push her from my mind, pursing my lips as I tried not to cry and continued to make my cereal.

Maybe this is what I needed. A normal day. A day alone to come to terms with it all, to come to terms with what I've done.

I made my way to the living room to watch TV before remembering I had broke it. I sighed and shook my head, clearing my thoughts to remain calm and instead went and got my laptop and began scrolling through tumblr.

"Just like old times" I thought to myself as I ate my cereal and continued scrolling.

I was startled from my browsing when I heard my phone ringing from across the the room. I stood up to retrieve my phone, groaning and stretching as I did and looked at the caller ID.

It was Phil's mum.

"Hi Mrs Lester how are you?" I said with false cheer.

"I was fine until I saw the news. Mia's pregnant and none of you thought to tell me?" She asked hurt evident in her voice.

"I am so sorry there's just been so much that has been happening that we forgot to tell you" I apologised thinking about how I had hurt another person.

"Ok is Mia there I'd like to speak to her?" She asked returning to her original self.

"Err no she's asleep at the minute" I lied "I'll get her to call you when she's awake"

We said our goodbyes and I hung up.

Pain washed over me as my attempt to have a normal day and try to forget about Mia and Phil had failed only seconds in. I looked back to my laptop the screen still giving a soft glow, sighing I closed it and wandered back into my room where I saw my camera laying on the desk. I hadn't made a video in so long, maybe it was time to make one, that might make this day feel a bit more normal.

***

So sorry I haven't been updating but sixth form has been super busy atm.

Anyway vote, comment and follow

Byeee Fellow Trash