Part 32

I tried to speak but all that came out was random stuttering.

"Dan say something please" She mumbled as she went to grip my hand. I quickly flinched and stood up. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked both anger and confusion in my voice.

"I was scared Dan, I mean I don't know the first thing about being a parent what if I'm bad at it?" She whimpered remaining seated on the sofa.

"Mia I understand but it's my baby as well I at least deserved to know sooner" I replied running my hand through my hair. "I'm gonna be a father" 

She stood and walked over to me holding my hand and placing it on her stomach.

"You're gonna be a great one" She whispered leaning up and kissing my cheek.

I smiled down at her warmly, it was a lot to take in and I wish she had told me but now that she had, a weight seemed to have lifted off both of our shoulders. We took a seat again and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder as she snuggled in closer. 

"So it was morning sickness" I stated to which she nodded and hummed in response. 

I trailed my fingers up and down her upper arm as I thought how best to ask my next question.

"Why did you go to Deborah?" I asked softly, hoping not to upset her.

"I don't know" She said after a few moments "I panicked I guess"

I pressed a lingering a kiss into her hair before I replied "Mia you'll never be like her. you're going to be a great parent, I know you'll be and I'll be here every step of the way. We're in this together." 

She wrapped her arms around my torso and I felt her smile against me.

"I love you Dan" She said causing a huge smile to tug at my lips.

"I love you too Mia" I told her and rested my head on hers "So baby names" I said eagerly causing Mia to giggle softly.

"Well if it's a girl I was thinking Fiona" She said smiling shyly at me.

"I like that" I said causing her to smile to grow "and if it's a boy?" 

"I was thinking" She took a deep breath before continuing "how about Phil?" 

My smile grew wider although it seemed impossible.

"Well I think they're great choices for names" I whispered as I kissed her on the forehead "now I think we need some rest after today don't you think?" 

She nodded and yawned before standing up and walking to the door.

"Oh no Mia" I said grabbing her by the arm and pulling her back "you need to use as little energy as possible" 

I picked her up causing her to giggle as I walked down the hallway and into the bedroom where I gently placed her down. After getting changed I climbed into bed next to her where she was laying on her back looking up at the ceiling. She looked over to me and smiled resting her head on my chest.

"I love you Dan" She said her voice full of sincerity.

"I love you too" I replied and moved my hand down to her stomach "and I love you" 

She let out a small laugh and rested her hand on top of mine lacing our fingers together.

"I don't know why I was so worried, we're gonna be fine" She stated before closing her eyes and going to sleep. 

"Yeah we are" I replied and nuzzled my head into hers as I fell asleep.

Mia's POV  

I felt as though a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. Dan accepting that I was pregnant allowed me to see how serious he was about this. About us.

A nauseous feeling began to build up in the pit of my stomach and I sighed, pulling myself from the warmth and comfort of the bed and Dan's embrace and ran to the bathroom. Moments later I heard Dan enter the bathroom and sit down holding my hair and rubbing my back soothingly.

"It's okay Dan I'm fine. You can go back to bed" I said groggily, not wanting him to see me like this.

"No Mia, we're in this together. I'm not leaving you" 

"Dan, I just don't want you seeing me like this" I said weakly as the sickly feeling grew again and I leant over the toilet.

"Look Mia, I'm gonna help you through this I promise" He replied softly.

I let out a sigh and moved away from the toilet and slumped against the wall. 

"I'm just so scared Dan" I whimpered as a tear escaped from my eyes. He moved to sit next to me and wiped the tear away.

"Hey it's okay I get your scared it's a big change I'm terrified too but I'm more excited" He whispered.

I nodded and smiled as he helped me stand up and guided me back to the bed and pulled me in close to him nuzzling into my hair.

"Wake me up if you feel ill or anything Mia. I mean it" He said sternly.

I mumbled some random noise to acknowledge him and went back to sleep.

***

I hope you all had a good Christmas :)

Thanks for 700 reads!!!!

Vote, Comment and Follow

Byeee Fellow Trash