Chapter 16

Chapter 16: blackmailed? Who is the spy?

            The school second semester start and Manna finds a card in her locker. She opens the card and it says:

            Dear Manna:

How have you been doing? Do you remember what happen in your winter vacations and that you like Nick? ‘Cause I know everything about you now and if you don’t want anyone to know come to the school gym storage after school and do everything those cards says.

Manna didn’t care about the rumor spreading, but she was curious about who was the blackmailer, so she went to the school gym storage after class and she finds another card that says:

            Good job on finding this card Manna, now follow this instructions:

First go to the cafeteria and buy some chocolates and put them in a basket, then bring some flowers and put them in the basket. Finally bring them to me, I’m at the back of the school yard.

Manna did all of this and goes to the place where it was directed to. She finds another card that said: Live the basket in the floor and tomorrow you will find another card in your locker and there will be new instructions, see you tomorrow. And Manna walks home as if nothing happened. Then that person takes the basket and says “you’re so stupid, is this your real self?” and start laughing as a Maniac.

            The next day Keith return to school, but this time he got more vogue. He goes to his locker and he finds a card just like Manna. Manna discover that he got the same letter and she take it from him to compare the letter. Manna says “the letters are the same, then the same person is blackmailing us.” Keith takes the letter from her and says “this is not blackmailing, this letter is from my friend Alexander.” Manna ask him back “the singer, Alexander?” Keith respond “yes, how did you know.” Manna says “he works at Maria’s company, and I’m the chairwoman.” Keith surprised ask her “Maria’s company is a famous people company? And why would a singer blackmail you?” Manna says “yep and I don’t know either.”

            Manna goes to where Alexander is and knock him. Then, she takes him to a close room and ties him in a chair. When he wakes up, Manna entered to the room. And shows him the letters and ask him if it was his. He wouldn’t accept and said it wasn’t his. Manna get close to his ears and tells him that if he didn’t tell them she would ruin his social life and fire him up. He got unease and says “it was me.” Manna raise his face and ask him why. He says “I was sent by your mom to spy you and the blackmail thing was because a friend ask me.” Manna ask him back “who that friend is and why mom would make someone spy on me?” Alexander nervously says “Jett make me blackmail you, and your mom told me that make sure you didn’t gain a boyfriend without her being there.”

            Manna takes out her phone and calls her mom and says “hello, mom did you send Alexander to spy me?” Her mom respond “oh, darling, how did you notice, I’m really sorry, but that’s the only thing I can do in a hospital.” Manna respond sighing “well, next time don’t do it and sorry I need to call someone else.”

            Manna hang up and calls Jett and says “why did you blackmail me?” Jett shock says “I didn’t blackmail you, I just wanted to meet with Margaret, that’s why I send those secretive cards.” Manna says to him “no one is so idiot to blackmail someone for this reasons please meet tomorrow at the fountain area.” Jett says “please bring Margaret with…” and Manna hangs up.

            The next day Manna brings Margaret with her and meets with Jett at the fountain. Jett impressed of how Margaret has changed and how she look. Manna ask him “I brought her, now what?” Jett tells her really happy “thank you, but can you please leave us alone for a moment.” Margaret didn’t want to but she stay anyways. Jett grabs her hand and says “I’ve missed you.” Margaret hit his hand and says “are you kidding me?” with a serious face. Jett tries to hug her, but Margaret slap him and tells him “I’m really sorry, but I have a boyfriend that I’m happy with, and like you said before I’m so stupid to fell in your trap, oh and… no forget it.” And Margaret walks away. Manna comes out and says “are you done with your regrets, are you sad or happy.” Jett says to Manna “why does people love and get hurt?” Manna replies “Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop by H.L Mencken, and I think people get hurt because they think that they should let their heart lead, but I think you should let your head lead, the heart may be deceiving sometimes. And what you are is not love is defeat because love is a game that two might play but there will always be one winner and a looser or a tie, and the tie is when both of the players ends up together.” Jett says “maybe that’s true, it was just an illusion and I’m sorry for blackmailing you.” And walks away depressed. And that day Manna’s mind was full of thoughts.