Chapter Ten

Unedited. Read, Vote, Enjoy! Thanks

___________________________________

"Ian!" I scream and turn around. "You scared the crap out of me, what the hell?" I yell at him and he walks over to me, laughing.

"Guess what?" He asks, a smirk forming on his lips.

"What?" I ask, averting my eyes from his lips.

"I developed a new ability. It's not new, but it's... well, I finally mastered it." He tells me, coming face-to-face with me. "And I knew you would wander off so I left the doors unlocked and this one open. Then, I sort of planned on scaring you, sorry." He admits while laughing and I roll my eyes at him.

"So, what's this new ability?" I ask Ian and glance around the loft.

"It works like this." He starts and pinches my arm, hard. I immediately pull my arm away and scowl at Ian.

"Ouch!" I yell and he smiles, satisfied.

"And then, watch this. You're in pain and you're pissed at me, right?" He asks and I nod.

"Very pissed!" I add and Ian rolls his eyes.

"That's not the point, but anyways look at this." He moves closer to me and all my muscles stiffen. When his arms wrap around me and he embraces me, I feel a deep comfort setting in, eliminating the physical pain and mental anguish I was in a few moments ago.

"I feel-"

"Relaxed?" Ian says and I smile. Deja Vu, right? I mean that was from that dream where Ian and I were training and then I..

"Holy shi-"

"Whoa, what's wrong?" Ian cuts me off as I pull away from him with much force, reality hitting me like a boulder.

"Y-you said that exact same thing in my dream. You had this exact same power! If it was a dream, why is it so accurate?" I start yelling and Ian grabs my hand.

"Calm down." He says, looking me directly in the eye. "Because your eyes are trying to turn purple and I don't want you to hurt me." He gives me a small smile, and I try to return it. My phone buzzes in my pocket and I realize that much time had probably passed and Josh could be waiting on me.

"What time is it?" I ask as I pull out my phone. Well, that was a pointless question. "Crap, it's 2:54. Can I borrow the car keys?" I ask Ian and he raises a brow.

"Where are you going?" He asks and I try to come up with a lie. Wait, why am I even trying to lie?

"Just to study with my friend." I say and it's the truth, just not the complete truth.

"Sure." He chucks the keys at me and I catch them. "Don't crash my car, though." He says and I wave my hand at him as I walk away.

"Yeah, yeah. I know how to drive." I say as I exit the loft and close the door behind me.

**

Arriving at the school, I spot a good parking spot close to the double doors of the school and quickly pull in it. I pull the keys from the ignition, killing the engine, and don't hesitate before jumping out of the car. I reach over and grab my purse from the passenger side and open the backseat door to retrieve my book bag.

After gathering all of my things, I secure the car by closing and locking the doors. Then, I begin my strut into the school. It's rare that I walk with any sort of confidence, but today is definitely an exception. Today, I'm walking with my head held high. Today, I can finally look into the mirror and smile because I'm different, I'm special, and I'm worth it. I'm also ecstatic that I'll be getting tutoring for Physics and World History and Politics because those classes are my only C's.