Chapter Thirteen

Unedited. Sorry for all grammar mistakes. I'll try to fix them asap.

_______________________________________

I'm such an idiot for agreeing to this. The living room is where I'm stationed, and many other teens are walking around with cups in their hands. Every corner is occupied by a couple making out. Girls are grinding on guys, wearing the skimpiest items in the world. People are drunk and others are high, and I'm getting sick of watching the mess that is growing in the room.

So, I decide that I'll find something to do. I see the group of kids playing spin-the-bottle in another room. I pass by them quickly and find some guys playing cards in the back room. I just glance at the guys before continuing my tour of the place upstairs.

"That's definitely out of the safe-zone. I don't recommend you go up there, Rain." Nick startles me by saying and I stop.

"What's wrong with the upstairs?" I ask, my foot still planted on the first step.

"Just trust me on this one. Not even the upstairs bathroom is safe." He says and I roll my eyes before giving in and walking in the opposite direction. "So, are you having fun?" Nick asks.

"No. Josh abandoned me in the living room to watch tv, but of one the idiot kids unplugged it. So, I basically watched everyone dance and drink for twenty minutes." I huffed and Nick and I made our way to the kitchen.

"I can tell that you're not a party-goer." He says and I nod. "But I can change that." He speaks again and I eye him suspiciously.

"How?" I simply ask, curious.

"Just follow me." He says and leads the way to the back door. "Now, all you need to do is just chill out a little." He says and grabs a cup. My walks us over to a group of kids and I start to regret coming out here.

"I'm not into playing some childish party games with you right now. So, if that's your idea of fun-"

"My idea of fun.." He pauses and grabs a bottle of alcohol. "Is something that you would find interesting. Trust me, I know my stuff." He smiles at me while pouring the alcohol into a cup.

"Trust you? I don't even know you, but whatever. You only live once." I shrug and grab the cup from his hands. I agreed to that easier than I thought I would.

"I thought you'd be more difficult." He took a swig from the bottle. "But it's good that you're not because we're about to leave now and I didn't have the time to convince you." He says and I take a sip from the cup.

"This is... revolting," I tell Nick, frowning. "Where are we going?" I ask, my mind finally processing what he said.

"You'll see when we get there. You're a supernatural, right?" He asks and I just nod. "But you don't have any supernatural friends?" He asks and I think about it. I have Ian and I don't know about Josh. He's never showed any supernatural abilities but he's affiliated with them. It doesn't add up.

"You're going to make friends with our kind tonight." Nick leads the way as I process his words. With our kind? That means that he has supernatural abilities. And he and Josh are brothers.

"Rain, meet Rue and River." He points to the guy and girl with deep red hair and sparkling golden eyes. I smile at them, amazed by their unique and beautiful appearance. What are they? "And that's Xavier," He points to a guy with jet black hair and bright blue eyes. "And those are the twins, Novena and Novae." He points to the two blondes, one wearing all black and the other wearing all white. Their eyes are a mixture of purple and green. I never saw anything like it before.