Chapter Twenty-Three

Super unedited. I apologize now for my grammar mistakes. And I also don't own the image or any of the images I use. I just use them as a visual so you'll know what the characters look like.

Also, some sensitive subjects are covered in this chapter. I don't want to offend anybody by my bluntness in the chapter so if you know you're sensitive to subjects involving anxiety or suicide, I suggest you skip the chapter. Or atleast that specific part. Alright, now enough of my talking. Enjoy!
__________________________

"Well, first of all, he's a wimp. Dude's afraid of you, big time. But his thoughts are pretty sinister. There's definitely ice water in his veins." Naoma sits back as she spills the information. I stare at her in awe.

"I also know his plan." She says. Now that gains my attention. "He did want to send Ian to the underworld so you would chase after him..." She trails off.

My heart plummets.

"But he didn't. Ian just happened to screw himself over for real. He's in the underworld, and I'm sure of it, because Ian's father already knows. He was told the news beforehand, but you confirmed it for him. So, yes, he is trying to use you as his weapon. One of the people he wants you to kill is unbeatable. He also wants your sister dead-"

"Seriously!" I yell without warning.

"She always had this problem with two sides of her, but she would have claimed her better side if it weren't for him. He had her injected with something. Ian doesn't even know of this." Naoma spills. My heart that already dropped burns. Tears well in my eyes.

"He planned this." I realize the truth. I want so badly to kill him, my eye begins to twitch. I feel my temper burning out and red clouds my vision, but Naoma continues.

"You can't." She says firmly. "If you do that, you'll never be able to get Rita treated. Ian does need to be found and that's easy. Rita is the tough match here. Since dumbo's little injection experiment, she's gone rogue and killed some of his own people. He didn't know what he was dealing with and now he wants you to take out the trash."

My breathing becomes harsh at her words. I can see in a far mirror the glowing crimson hue of my irises.

"And as much as this pisses you off, you can't go down the same road your sister did. Then, he'll get what he also wants. Two dangerous weapons destroyed. If he can't control you, he'll kill you. Right now, he's untouchable. Believe me, trying to murder him will make things much worse." She gives me the words of wisdom. I close my eyes and eventually calm.

"Since half of your conversation was mental, care to share what you're talking about?" Nick butts in and asks. Naoma actually takes the time to explain to him what happened. One comforting feature about Naoma is that she's basically an open book. There are no secrets and lies with her.

"We still need a plan." Nick says to her as she finishes.

"The plan is obvious. We go at day break to get the soldiers from that man. Then we can teleport with Nick and the rest of the soldiers can find a portal." Naoma says, shrugging slightly and strolling into the kitchen.

"By the time they find the portal, we'll already be dead. We'll get eaten by hellhounds before we take three steps if I teleport us there." Nick says.

"Why?" I ask, trying to come up with a solution of my own.

"Because the place I always teleport to is the cage. Don't ask why. It's probably because I've been in there one too many times." He admits, eyes low, but he tries to mask his vision of the unpleasant memory with a carefree chuckle.