Candy Floss and Penguins

Corey's POV

"Let's go to the meerkats!" Katie said, jumping up and down like a little girl. I couldn't hold back a smile as she grabbed my hand and ran through the crowd towards the meerkats.

"Look Corey," she said, peering over the little fence, "There's Timone!"

"Yeah, now let's go find Pumba," I said slowly dragging her away from the lady that looked at her like she was on drugs. Next time I really shouldn't give her too much sweets.

"No Corey!" She said, refusing to let me pull her, "I want to stay with Timone!"

I kept pulling her though, and she managed to slide along all the way to the bears.

When Katie saw the bears, she gasped and ran up to the glass. She pressed her nose to the glass and stared at the bears with excitement.

"Corey look!" Katie said, gesturing to a honey coloured bear, "It's Kenai!"

"Kenai?"

She rolled her eyes at me, "Yeah, from Brother Bear. Haven't you ever seen that before?"

I shook my head.

"You're disgraceful," she muttered, turning back to 'Kenai'.

I guess when Katie's high she starts going on about Disney. I wonder if she does that when she's drunk.

"I want fairy floss," she mumbled, staring at a little kid with a big stick of fairy floss, "Corey can you come with me to buy candy floss?"

"I think you've had enough sugar for today," I told her, leading her away from the bears.

"Please?"

"No Katie," I said shaking my head.

She stuck out her bottom lip.

"Fuck don't do that," I told her, looking away.

"Why?" She asked coming closer, "Does it turn you on?"

I kept backing away, but she kept coming closer until she had me back up against a wall. She leaned in so that I could feel her breath on my lips. She leaned in even closer until our lips were almost touching.

"Candy floss," she whispered.

"Fine," I gave in. She smiled, and for a second I thought she was going to kiss me, but she stepped back and started dragging me towards the little café.

Katie was actually really pretty. I never let myself think about her because we were living together and I'm a teenage boy and she's a really sexy girl who is currently living in my house. I don't think it'd be a good idea to have these thoughts.

I know a lot of guys from school have been talking about her. She's the new girl that everybody wants. But I can't let anybody have her.

I might want her for myself.

Katie's POV

"I'm getting pink candy floss," I told Corey.

"Isn't there only pink cotton candy?"

"No," I shook my head, "There's blue, green and any color you want! And it's candy floss, not cotton candy."

"Okay, okay, get your pink candy floss," he said mocking me.

As we reached the café, Corey pulled out his wallet.

"No," I said, getting out my own wallet, "I'm paying."

"Hello love," the lady serving said to me as we approached the café, "What can I get you today?"

"Hi, can I please get two sticks of candy floss?"