Batman Outfits and Roller Coasters

"Okay here I come," I said, going into the living room with a big bowl of caramel popcorn, "Lyla can you put the movie on?"

She nodded excitedly and put on Tangled. Lyla came and sat next to me on the couch with a massive smile on her face.

The movie started and half the popcorn was already gone.

"Lyla slow down with the popcorn," I told her with a smile.

"Okay."

~~~

"That was so awesome!" Lyla shouted when the movie finished.

"Yeah it was pretty cool," I said taking the bowl of popcorn away from her. After I had put the bowl in the kitchen, I led Lyla upstairs into her room.

"Thanks for showing me that Katie," she said after she was all tucked in.

"I said I would didn't I?"

"Yeah," she said, her voice getting softer, "You did."

"You get to sleep Lyla."

"Goodnight Katie," she said before turning over.

I kissed her forehead softly and stood up. Just as I was about to leave the room after turning off the light, I heard Lyla murmur, "I'm glad I met you."

I left her room with a smile that soon disappeared as reality crept in.

Lyla had leukemia. She was going to die soon and no one could stop that.

"Is she asleep?"

I looked up and saw Corey leaning against his door frame. I nodded kept walking towards my room.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I looked up at him and nodded.

"Then why aren't you talking?"

"I was just thinking," I answered.

"About what?"

"If I tell you will you shut up?" When he nodded, I said, "About Lyla."

"Oh."

He turned away from me and looked into his room. His posture sank a little and I could see him blinking rapidly.

"Do you remember when you said you might need someone to talk to?" I asked. Corey nodded and I continued, "Do you want to talk now?"

He nodded again and walked into his room.

"Give me five minutes okay?"

He nodded again and I quickly went into my room to change into something more comfortable. I decided on Batman and got a pair of black pajama shorts and a Batman tank top. I got out my Batman socks and put them on, got two cushions before going into Corey's room.

He smiled when he saw what I was wearing, "Big fan of Batman?"

"Can't you tell by the attire?" I gestured to my clothes before chucking him a cushion.

"Let's make out?" He read what was on the cushion, "I wouldn't mind that right now."

"Shut up," I smiled and pushed him away, "Your mom got that for me."

"Why do I get the girly one and you get Cookie Monster?"

I stuck my tongue out at him and sat down on the floor. Corey sat down opposite me.

"Why do you have so much Batman stuff?" He asked, "Girls don't usually have that much."

"I guess I'm not most girls then," I said grinning.