Scars and Gum Packets

When we had reached the gym, everyone was coming out. We walked in and saw the group hanging back, waiting for us.

"What took you guys so long?" Dylan asked.

"You know what," Cole replied with a smirk, earning a glare from Corey and myself, "I was joking! Calm down!"

We all laughed and I left Corey's side to go to the change rooms.

I quickly changed back into my normal clothes and went back out to join the group.

"We need an explanation," Sam said to me and the guys.

"We need Corey here as well," Dylan told here and lazily put an arm around her shoulders, "We'll all go to my house after school and explain."

We all agreed as Corey joined us again, "What's everyone agreeing to?"

"We're going to meet up at my place after school and explain shit."

"Cool."

The girls seemed satisfied and we walked out of the gym.

~~~

"Read up to page two hundred and forty five today," our teacher told us. 

The whole class groaned.

"Make another sound and I'll make it three hundred and forty five."

That shut everyone up. Some people took out a sticky note or just wrote toady's homework in their hand. 

The bell was supposed to ring in five minutes but our teacher was one of those ruthless ones that make you work until the bell goes, sometimes even after.

I pulled out my copy of Wuthering Heights, our set book, and started reading. I was only up to page one hundred so I had a lot of reading to do tonight.

The bell rang but nobody dared to leave in fear of getting a detention.

This teacher scares the shit out of everyone.

"Page two hundred and forty five, and then write a summary about those pages," our teacher reminded us before giving us the indication to leave.

I grabbed my bag and headed out of the classroom.

"How did Voldemort treat you?"

I smiled at the nickname Corey and I had given my English teacher. Voldemort seemed to sum up her character perfectly. She was mean, basically all bone and barely had a nose.

Nose job gone wrong perhaps. 

"Not too bad," I answered, "Finn wasn't here to distract me."

"Finn?" Corey visibly tensed

I hadn't told Corey about Finn yet.

Oopsie. 

I wasn't that big of a deal anyway. He only appeared in English and somehow became my friend two lessons ago.

"He's just a friend."

"He better be."

I rolled my eyes, "Calm down buddy. He's just a friend."

He relaxed and started pushing me to my locker, the way a younger sibling does when they want something, "Hurry up! We have to go to Dylan's! Don't you want to catch up with Cam?"

At the mention of Dylan's younger brother, I sped up. He was such a cutie and I hadn't seen him in ages.

I speed walked to my locker, chucked my books in carelessly and dragged Corey out of the school and towards his car.