chapter two

I'm sorry but there was some sort of misinformation in the first chapter. Zona and Jeremy are not just siblings they are twins and they are both five years old.
       Thanks for reading the first chapter don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it.

      Cold slipped into Zona's nerves causing her to wake from sleep.

"Jeremy?" a voice beckoned. It was an old woman's voice.

Jeremy was too busy with his thoughts thinking of their lovely moments with their mum and dad. The cold tap he felt on his right shoulder brought him back to earth.
"It's been a while I've been calling your name. Aren't you Jeremy?"the old woman grinned at him.
"Em..yes ma'am I'm Jeremy" he let out a shaky voice.

Jeremy was scared if the woman knew him.Since when they hid in that building together with their parents, their dad ceased to call their real names. He said they will have to bear the name Zona and Jeremy till the war was over. This really bothered them. They wanted to know why.

"Is some monster after us?"they both thought as their parents refused to tell them the reason.

"Have some water" the woman offered.

"Thanks ma'am" he collected the sealed table water from her.

  Zona throw a quick look at him. And he knew what she meant.

"We don't even know her. She's a stranger"Zona wrote on the wet dark sand with her right index finger.

"Relax Zona. It's sealed and we are also very thirsty aren't we? "Jeremy wrote back on the sand. He drew her closer and gave her a reassuring pat. He still couldn't believe he might never hear her voice again.

"Jade? " she called her twin's name. "I'm hungry "

She suddenly remembered that no one could her voice it was very faint and unclear. She couldn't even hear herself either. She decided not to say a word again. The thought that held the fact that her mum was gone because she had complained that she was hungry crossed her mind.

All of a sudden, sounds of gunshots filled the air.Everybody started running towards a direction. Jade hurriedly carried Jayden on his and took to his heals.

Jayden wore a  confused look, of course it looked like everyone was under a spell cos she wasn't hearing any sound. Fright melted her heart as the atmosphere became more tense. Jade's back ached as he ran.He dropped her as he groaned in pain. He entwined his fingers with Jayden's and they both ran along .Jayden became very weak and their entwined fingers which was getting slippery due to the bits of sweat that generated from between their tight fingers.

Jade was also tired now. They got into a very thick bush were they were able to hide with some few others.Jayden wasn't conscious anymore and that made him scared. Her body laying lifeless on a couple of dark weeds.

"Jay?"he beckoned as he brushed the strands of hair covering her eyes.

"Jay? " a voice he guessed came from beside him called. He could recognize a tone of uncertainty in that voice. He turned his stiffened body to see who it was. It was the old woman that offered him water earlier. He was still battling about what to say when she spoke.

"I thought you said she was Zona why Jay? By the way what's wrong with her" she looked a closer look and quickly sprinkled water on her.

"She'll be fine." the woman gave him an assuring smile. "I guess that's her ribbon there. Get it for her" she pointed to the ribbon which was beside the tree next to them. It was their mum's ribbon which she used to pack Jayden 's hair when they were both asleep.

"She's not up yet. Get some water"the woman yelled over to him with panic in her voice.

Jade's eyes caught a nearby flowing river with people  by the edges.

"Hurry! " the woman throw a cup at him.

He quickly grabbed it and ran towards the river. But on getting there he heard gunshots and everybody was finding their way.He also had to find his.He ran back to where he had left his unconscious sister. What he saw Was the backs of people running. None of which he could recognize as his twin's nor the old woman. He was forced to run along.

When Jade and some few kids were far from the outskirts of the town where everything was rough. They settled in a bus stop which was stood in the inner side of the city.  

"I'm so sorry Jay.I was too careless about you. "Jade lamented as he sat with his chin on his two knees with his arms wrapped around them. He wondered what condition she was now. He knew how bad she was scared of strangers. He wanted to at least get some news about her.He had many questions to ask .Where is my Jay? What is she doing right now ?Is she safe? Is she still alive?

He twisted the bridge of his nose as he sniffed while stray tears kept strolling on his already tear-stained face. It was getting dark already and he had no slightest idea what the time was. He thought about his family but thought more about Jay in particular.The spirit of sleep snatched him from his thoughts.

Guys thanks a great deal for reading my book especially for making it to this chapter. I'm sure you've got many questions to ask just like Jade and you're wondering if Jay is still alive. Most of your questions will be answered in the next chapter I can't promise all.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it. And hang on for the next chapter. I won't be late this time. Trust me. ✌