Chapter 6: What Is This Cruel Joke Called Life?

"Okay, guys, do you think we should go to sleep?" I said.

It was 12 and I still had things to do. That was the assassination of course.

"I guess, but we don't have school tomorrow and we can pull off an all nighter." Karma told me.

I sighed. Trying to think of a plan... Got it.

"How about I bring us some supplies for an all nighter guys? Like I head to the store, or something. But I might take awhile.."

Karna shook his head. "Let's just play video games and watch movies." 

"Yeah!" Kayano agreed.

I sighed and nodded.

But within a few minutes, the two had fallen asleep watching a movie that was about a deaf girl who was bullied in elementary. With her bully trying to make amens with her as the main plot (GET THE REFERENCE).

I got off the couch and left them with the movie playing. My black hoodie made me blend in well that the crowd as I walked to my destination.

---

"Would you like a drink, sir?" I asked in a higher then normal pitch.

The rather fat and stubby man smiled and grabbed a fancy glass if wine from the tray.

"Yes, thank you, miss."

I walked off.

Currently I was in a party that was hosted by my target, a black haired 18 year old male.

From what I was told, the boy was a master mind. A man-whore. But most importantly, a kid who had framed multiple for his planed out murders. And one of his victims happened to of been someone close to my client.

So, I had disposed of the girl wearing this uniform, tied my hair in a cute ponytail, put in purple contacts, and hide her unconscious body in the woods behind the classical building.

I looked at the boy, who appeared to be lonely by his birthday cake. How sad. But who cares? This is my chance.

I walked over to him. "Would you care for a drink, or something else?"

He blushed and looked at my figure from top to bottom.

Fall for me and I get an easy hit.

"Sorry, but, what's your name?"

I giggled. "You can call me Nagi-Chan~"

The male took a glass from the tray. "That's a really cute name. Do you wanna put down the tray, grab a drink, and go somewhere a little more private?" he winked.

I giggled. "Love to." I put the tray down and grabbed a glass before I left.

Once we reached a private room, the boy grabbed me by the waist, but I pushed him off and went to the couch, drinking the wine and crossing my legs.

I could hear his heart beating from here.

I wonder how far this'll go before I get my perfect shot.

He took of his stylish black coat, licking his lips. This worried me a little.

I put down the finished glass and smiled at him. And without batting an eye, he pulled me up, hand around my waist.

I felt so awkward. But I had to play along, for my little sister.

As I processed my many thought, something happened. He pulled me into a kiss.

I felt disgusted. Never in my life had I kissed a guy, and now I knew I didn't like it.

He tried to deepen the kiss but I had grabbed my knife and shoved it in his throat. He threw up a mixture of blood and saliva in my mouth and chest. Disgusting.

He coughed up more blood on my black pants. But before I could make my escape, two guards flooded the room.

"Freeze." the first one said holding a loaded gun up.

I looked at the body in front of me. He was dead.

"Come over here!" the second armed one said.

I didn't listen but with my hand in my pocket, where was hiding a tazer and a military knife.

"What if I don't?" I said darkly.

The guards tensed up.

"Will you kill me?" I walked over to the first one.

He gulped as I took his life with the knife. Falling to the floor I tazzed the other.

I crouched down to the living one, who was paralyzed but conscious.

I got up and kicked his head. "You were lucky to live." I kicked him one last time as I escaped.

---

On my way out, I don't know how but, word got out about the assassination.

Soon guards were chasing me into the woods until I took them out one by one.

In the end I was exhausted and covered in blood.

---

It was easy to make it home with these clothes. Considering I was covered in blood but it's easy to hide in the shadows.

As I entered the house, I took off my shoes and placed them exactly where they were. I find it funny that I wore plan old shoes to such a fancy party.

I put my hair down and grabbed the brush on the table. Brushing my hair I looked at the TV. There it was, a happily ever after.

The movie was beautiful like that. But life isn't a movie.

I put down the hair brush softly on the table.

My friends were cuddled up in their own blankets, sleeping peacefully. It made me sad. That I couldn't live like them.

They didn't have to worry about finance.

They had parents.

They had a positive future.

They didn't have to kill for a living.... They... They...

...

They don't have to worry as much as I do!

They don't have a haunting past! A terrible life where they don't have single person to tell you it's okay!

"Why?..." I said to myself.

It was painful for me. But just like the rest of the times when I've felt like this, I pushed the feeling away.

I touched my cheeks, no tears.

It was surprising. But I hadn't cried in so long so why would I now?

I already know that life is a cruel joke.