Chapter 16

Chris in the MM. 

Enjoy and excuse any mistakes!

~

Chris' POV:

I walked back into the house from getting the last of Kayani's things from the car. Yesterday she agreed to move in with me, finally, so we went to get some more things from her mom's house. She still had more stuff left there but we figured we'd do it a little bit at a time so that we don't tire ourselves out.

"Whew! That was a lot of work. Can you get me a water bottle, baby?" she said as she plopped on the couch.

I gave her a blank stare. 

"What? I'm exhausted." she said, yawning.

"Girl you ain't even do anything except hold the door for me to carry all yo' shit in here!" I said, tossing her the bottle.

"I did bring in some boxes, you dragging it!" 

"A'ight now, I see you stealing my lingo." I said with a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah. Help me unpack please." she stood and walked towards our room. I smacked her butt making her jump.

"Chris baby, we're gonna have to do this room over. It's way too dull in here."

"What's wrong with it?" I asked looking around. "I like it." I had white walls, since I wasn't allowed to paint seeing as though this was just an apartment, a gray comforter and white sheets.   My TV sat on a black stand and my dresser was black as well. 

"We need some color or something, babe. Maybe red, or-"

"Hell no," I cut her off. "you not making my room look like a unicorn took a shit in here, Nani."

"I won't baby. Just something to make the place pop at least. It's boring in here."

"We'll talk about that later. Let's start putting this stuff away."

I turned on my bluetooth speaker which started playing Slippery by Migos so that time would feel like it's going by faster. Kayani had a lot of stuff and it was gonna take a minute for us to get it all unpacked.

About an hour passed and we were both hungry. 

"I can make your favorite pasta." she said, making my mouth water and my stomach growl.

"That sounds like the move. I'ma go get my charger." 

I walked back to my room to get my charger out of the wall but stopped when I saw something white in one of Kayani's bags. I pulled it out to see hella letters from Xavier and my blood began to boil. It wasn't the fact that he had sent her stuff that made me upset but more so the fact that she hid it from me and was going to write him back. Folded up in one of the pockets in the bag were a few pieces of paper that she had started writing on. I unfolded them all the way so that I could read what they said. 

Dear Zay,

Remember I used to call you that? Things seemed so simple then.

How are you in there? I hope everything is okay and you're safe. 

I-

I read the next one.

Dear Xavier,

How are you? I received your letters, all is well with me. My mom and sister are good and so are my friends. I recently-

She ended that one. I turned to the next one that seemed to be the longest.