chapter thirty

chapter thirty
unedited
1576 words

The remaining members began unpacking things from the car and setting them up. You, Delirious, and Evan were setting up a tent, while Brock, Bryce, and Luke set up the other. Tyler, Craig, Marcel, and Adam gathered supplies and occasionally helped with the tents when the others had trouble.

While you and Evan were setting up your tent, the loud yells and struggles of the other team setting up the tent in the background, a conversation broke out between you and the males.

"We should split up the people. Have some go for supply runs." Evan spoke, having complete attention towards his part of the tent while making minor mistakes here and there by thinking.

"How? First, we're in the middle of nowhere, and second, we need people here. There's only fourteen of us. Half of that is seven. What are seven people going to do by themselves?" Jonathan retorted, pausing from his job and glaring at Evan. You glanced over at them occasionally but tried focusing on the task before you more.

"What are fourteen of us going to do without food or water?" Evan retorted. He let out a sigh before working more on the tent. It was already up fully on one side, it's that the other three we were having trouble with. It was you who put up the first side, so you feel pretty useful in this situation. Especially since they're having such trouble.

"I don't know. It would be risky. That and we haven't seen a town, other than The New Order, in weeks. I don't even remember the way back to town, to my house." Jonathan said. "Listen, if you can find any way to get to town, then be my guess. Just, at least lower the numbers of who's going. Half is too much."

"Seven isn't that much, but I think we can reduce it to five. We'll just see who's willing." Evan announced before finally making his part of the tent stand up perfectly. After listening to them and fidgeting with the tent, you finished as well. Jonathan was the last one.

"Need any help, Jon?" You asked, calling him by his nickname. He paused for a moment, glancing over at you with wide eyes and a blush that was visible under his mask.

"N-no! I'm good." He stuttered. Then a click echoed and Jonathan shot up. "See? I did it!" He exclaimed, making you and Evan chuckle. Looking over, you saw that Brock, Bryce, and Luke had already finished theirs.

"Then I guess it's settled. We'll go ask the guys which five of them want to explore." Evan declared while we all walked over to Tyler, Craig, Marcel, and Adam, who were getting supplies. They were already getting stuff out and pouring the home materials into the tents. Except for personal possessions since we have yet to figure out who will be sleeping where.

"Hey guys, need any help?" Evan asked.

*****

After about an hour we had everything set up. The sun grew at its closest and hottest temperature. It was probably about three or four, not that time was a concept well acknowledged anymore, but the point is that is felt like a volcano just erupted in the atmosphere. The numbers of people standing watch reduced and some people tagged each other.

So here you were, in tent B with Jonathan, Bryce, Chilled. Adam, Tyler, and Luke. This more than likely wasn't the people you'd be sleeping with in the tent tonight or even if you'd be sleeping in tent B, but you were having a small meeting chat. In other words, they just ended up here to get away from the heat. The tent wasn't much, but it was some isolation from the hot air that blew outside. We had presented the idea to them about Evan's idea with the runs.

"Really? Supply runs with five? I mean, that does sound like a fair number, but what if worse case scenario happens and they're in trouble but we wouldn't know?" Bryce stammered, wanting to make sure we knew exactly what we were doing.