chapter forty-three

chapter forty-three
unedited
1569 words

As the Walkers piled in, space became more limited and the people in the back had started hitting the walls. Each Walker that came close was immediately gunned down. Then it got worse. You couldn't keep up.

"Get back!" Luke shouted, backing away after shoving the blade of his pocket knife into a Walker's eye. He ran, not bothering to try and get it loose from the socket.

"Come on, we're ready!" Craig shouted, coming through the door. As people scrambled to get away from them, alarming loud screams were heard behind you. Looking over you saw Nogla get pulled to the floor by a Walker.

"David!" You heard Brock shriek before he flew past you. "Get off of him!" He breathed slowly, hitting the Walker's face with his gun as it stood above Nogla. More Walkers came, and it was becoming hard to see the two.

"Nogla? Brock!" You shouted, aiming your gun at the Walkers and shooting each that you saw. Adrenaline was all you could fear, along with the fear that someone was going to die here. As you brushed away these thoughts, you saw Nogla erupt from the pile and behind him was Brock, being grabbed at the shirt by Walkers.

"No! Brock!" Nogla screeched, his voice cracking as he stumbled and hit the ground before you. You saw Brock for a brief moment, time seemed to slow, and you didn't even have time to think. No time to say a goodbye or even enough time to let the tears fall. His eyes were a glossy chestnut, his red glasses had fallen off somewhere. His pupils were small, yet his eyes were not wide. He wasn't surprised this was happening. In fact, he was expecting it to happen. He reached out his hand and gave a weak smile.

"Brock!" You screamed, aiming your gun at every Walker grabbing onto him.

"(Y/N)! Nogla! Come on!" Tyler's voice demanded and you felt his hands tug at your shoulder. Nogla stood up and stood there. He didn't move, he was paralyzed. He let the tears swell in his eyes, and you couldn't do anything but watch. Brock had vanished, Walkers kneeling down at the spot he was once it was all you could see. Tyler froze as you and Nogla did.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He growled, not understanding. Nogla's face only grew more intense as you saw him look around the barn. You knew what he was thinking. Brock was going to turn into a Walker, and you knew Nogla would never let that happen.

"Go. Take (Y/N) and the others away from the house." Nogla ordered in his low voice- his accent was bland, you noticed.

"What? What do you plan on doing?" Tyler stuttered.

"Nogla, that's suicide." You tried persuading him, to no avail. He brushed off your comment, not caring about the risks of saving Brock from becoming a monster.

"I need to do this. I need to." He whimpered, a faded blue tear rolling down his pale and bruised face. You hesitantly nodded, understanding what he wanted.

"Make it back. Brock saved you before, and again. Don't die because you're grieving." You pleaded. He nodded, hardly, but it still counted and you knew you would hold it against him later if it was broken.

"What do you plan on doing?" Tyler repeated, demanding for an answer. You saw Nogla with a box of matches which he had gotten from his pocket. As to where or when you have no clue. He spotted a red can of gasoline in Tyler's hands and pointed his bony finger at it.

"This came from the boat, we need it." Tyler insisted. Nogla groaned lightly and pulled it from Tyler's grip, making Tyler look back at the man with a confused and angry face. He had no clue what was going on and didn't really want to either.