chapter thirty-six

chapter thirty-six
unedited
1578 words

As you accompanied the Perimeter group down the fence, you noticed that there was, in fact, no Walkers around. No sound. Nothing. All there was were some bodies near the thicket of the woods. You assumed that they were the ones you had killed yesterday while making your way to the house. You walked all the way around, occasionally making conversation about random things to the others.

As you finally got back around to the open fence, you noticed that the tools were lying around and ready to be put up to block out the Walkers. You squinted your eyes, remembering that they were supposed to fix that before anything else.

"I thought you were supposed to fix that first." You commented.

"We were, but Chilled thought we should look around first." Jonathan replied.

"I just didn't want any unnoticed Walkers getting in and causing something bad. That is our job." He replied with a huff, crossing his arms. Jonathan shook his hands, implying he didn't meant to offend him.

"Plus, now you can be useful, (Y/N)." Brian joked, putting his arm around you in a playful way. Jonathan stepped forward, glaring at Brian. You made a disgusted face and smacked away his arm.

"I think you're confusing the name (Y/N) with Brian." You remarked. He made his mouth go wide, pretending to be offended as his eyes looked at you with amusement.

"How dare you!" He exclaimed sarcastically. Jonathan walked beside him and put his arm around Brian's neck tightly, strangling him. Brian wen stiff and tried prying Jonathan's arm from around him, to no avail.

"You're so funny, huh, Brian?" Jonathan asked menacingly. Brian shook his head, turning pink. Jonathan laughed his famous crazy laugh before letting go of the male, to which Brian was breathing heavily. Everyone around them was laughing, as well as Brian even. You shook your head playfully at Jonathan's action, blushing a light shade of pink.

Suddenly, an alarming sound was heard from the abyss that is the woods. Everyone stopped and it fell silent. Until a loud shout was heard. Screaming and distant rapid footsteps were heard from the dark green forest. Everyone got out their weapons that were on them. Yo had a knife, while most of the others had knifes as well. Only a couple with pistols.

"Help! Run! Not infected!" Smitty's distant screams were heard, along with various other voices. Those are identified as Evan, Tyler, Luke and Marcel. Five figures then appeared from behind the trees. They were bloody and had the most terrified looks on their faces as if they were about to meet a fate worse than death. Which would identify as the monsters that chased behind them; Walkers.

"Shoot em!" Tyler shouted angrily, being in the back, Luke on his back. Luke appeared to be unconscious, making your heart stop for a complete second before it started beating rapidly. Everyone who had guns, Chilled, Ryan, and Bryce. Everyone else stood there with their knives, apart from Adam, who ran to the house to grab some more pistols.

You watched as a Walker grabbed Tyler's shirt, but it didn't hold on for long. Chilled had managed a perfect headshot. Tyler ran back off towards the others. Evan was far ahead, so he was walking backwards as he shot Walkers to protect his friends. Smitty ran, his pistol in his hand. Was he out of bullets already? Marcel ran like the wind, only a few feet ahead of Tyler and Luke.

Adam had gotten back and handed everyone a pistol. Minx and Craig accompanied them, yet Krism didn't appear. You grabbed your gun and brought up to your eye level. Getting the right angle, picking a target, and waiting for them to cross your line of vision, you had shot one in the side of the head. It fell over from impact and was now unseeable. The remaining Walkers were now down, too, by your other teammates.