epilogue

epilogue
unedited
1909 words
a/n: takes place before the apocalypse

The sound of footsteps alarmed Jonathan. Looking around him, he saw nothing. Cautiously, he slipped inside the beginning of the alleyway. The footsteps only seemed to get louder as he went. He started going faster, too. Upon coming to the road, he walked faster than ever. Until he finally reached the corner.

"Rawr!" Evan's voice screamed, making Jonathan let out a yell and jump in his skin.

"Evan!?" He screamed, holding his rapidly beating chest.

"You should've seen the look on your face!" Evan laughed hysterically, making Jonathan scrunch up his face.

"Fuck you," Jonathan muttered, walking past him and to the road. Evan giggled while following him closely.

"I got you good." He laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, shut up already." I groaned. He put his arm around me in a bro-way.

"Come on, Del, don't be like that." He smiled. I rolled my eyes but smiled, too. I shook his arm off from around me. "Anyway, did you see Craig or Tyler?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I was going to ask you that. They weren't at the restaurant like we had planned to meet at. Also, why are you here?" Jonathan asked.

"Oh, I was about to meet up with you guys as a surprise but then I saw you walking back so I wanted to prank you." He said.

"Okay, Satan, but have you texted them?" Jonathan asked. Evan nodded.

"It was a message from half an hour ago. Here, I'll show you." He said, pulling out his phone and going through his contacts until finally coming across one named WELDC4T with a bacon emoji beside the name. He showed me the messages.

Ev: Hey, you guys at the restaurant? Don't tell Delirious but I'm gonna show up and prank him

Ty: stop delirious from coming to the restaurant and stay inside at home watch the news channel

"What the hell does that mean?" Jonathan asked until the sound of a car driving at supersonic speed erupted into the atmosphere. Looking down the street- more like a few feet away from them, was a car. Jonathan grabbed Evan's shoulders and jump, hopefully, out of the way. The sound that followed next only scared Jonathan more. The sound of a crash, broken glass, screams, and a car alarm.

Jonathan looked up from the ground, holding his arms around Evan's torso as he ducked his head under his arms for shielding. Jonathan saw the car collided into a streetlamp, the light going out as it fell on top of the already-broken car.

"Oh my god," Jonathan muttered while scrambling to his feet.

"Del? Are you okay?" Evan asked hoarsely.

"Fine, but this guy isn't," Jonathan replied as he ran towards the car, Evan running closely behind him in fear of another car coming or the police. Evan's eyes widened upon seeing the damage. He watched as Jonathan ran up to the driver and peered inside the shattered window. His face turned from scared and pale to shock.

"Jonathan? Is he okay!?" Evan screamed.

"No! Stay back!" Jonathan shouted back, grabbing a rock from the side of the road.

"Del, what are you doing with that?" Evan asked, but before he got an answer, Jonathan plummeted the rock inside the car. A chorus of moans and glass breaking followed by the action, making Evan scared out of his mind. "Delirious, what the hell!?" Evan screeched while jogging over.