Chapter 2

Shawnee South high school
Period 7
3:00pm

I stared out the window at snow softly falling decorating the streets with beautiful white decor.

Snowflakes fell against the window as I looked at the different shapes amazed at the beauty of them. Nature could really be stunning when it wanted to.

I glanced around the classroom noticing some of my classmates enticed by the snowfall as well.

"Students, we live in Minnesota. It snows, please get back to work." Mrs.Shannon my English teacher spoke softly but with an affirmative tone as we turned back to our poem we were supposed to be working on.

This was my favorite class of the day. I waited all day eager to arrive here, writing and comprehension just came so easily to me.

Winter by Khalid blasted through my headphones as I sulked in the beautiful melody that softly played through my ears careful not to blast it and disturb my classmates.

I stared down at my white paper seeing that the only thing on it was my name, hour, and date on the right hand corner.

I quickly looked up at the clock realizing I had about 25 minutes left. More than enough time for me to finish my assignment.

The class was assigned to write a poem about a specific person who changed our life for the better and to turn it in by the end of the hour.

I think Mrs.Shannon was trying to give us a break seeing as though it was the week after SAT's and probably all juniors in the city were exhausted.

I was just glad I got it over with. I've been stressing since the summer coming into junior year.

Letting my mind stop lingering--which I did often, i got out of my seat self conscious as I walked across the classroom.

Taking my earbuds out of my ears in case Mrs.Shannon tried to talk to me I paused my music, and placed the half full sheet of writing in the 7th hour bin before walking past a smiling Mrs.Shannon.

I returned the gesture softly while returning to my seat and sighing softly.

There's just something about walking across a classroom full of students staring at you that puts anxiety into me. I've never been one of those people who likes the spotlight on them.

Hopefully I'll get over becoming anxious about attention on me before college. Especially with the fact that I want to go to an university.

Opening my phone the time read 3:23. I eagerly waited patiently in my seat for the 7 minutes to pass.

Staring at a daze outside the minutes quickly flew by as I heard the bell sound throughout the school. I threw my headphones in my front book bag while getting up from the hard desk.

I walked past some of my classmates rushing to finish and perfect the assignment, while majority gradually packed up belongings while leaving out the door.

"Have a lovely day my students." Mrs.Shannon said with a soft smile as I waved to her.

I walked over to my locker, swiping the lock with the sequence 3 times before popping it open grabbing my heavy American government & politics book.