Chapter 5

Shawnee South school library
4th period lunch
January 21st, 2017

I walked into the library with my tray of food smiling at Ms.Harriet the kind librarian.

I've been coming in here everyday for lunch since sophomore year. Simply because I didn't like being in big crowds of students, but also because I never really made friends easily.

Machar used to beg me freshman year to sit with him and his friends because he hated seeing me alone but I couldn't bear it.

For some reasons the sophomore cheerleader girls would always say something slick about a freshman sitting with them.

That's not all though the football jocks were the worst. Of course they'd never say anything bad about me in front of Machar but I could feel the negative way they'd look at me every time I opened my mouth to speak and I hated it.

I dealt with it all freshman year and I refused to go through another.

So, sophomore year I began eating here. 3 weeks into school I met the most amazing girl, we clicked well. But then she had to move the state from her dad finding another job.

After that it's been me, myself, and I.

It was totally fine with me to actually be alone some days quietly enjoying my lunch but other days I craved company.

But I just had 4 1/2 months to go through this. Senior year upperclassmen get to leave school to get lunch. I'm guessing to make the cafeteria less crowded and I couldn't wait.

I'd probably use those lunch hours to take a quick nap at home anyways.

After finishing Squeezing a ketchup packet into my burger i bit It hungrily before mentally cursing the huge glob that managed to fall onto my jean overalls.

I sighed and whiped the ketchup off creating a big red stain on the piece of clothing.

I was so irritated I just dropped my food down and started reading the book I checked out 3 days ago divergent.

So far, so good I thought while turning to chapter 2 of the adventurous book.

"Wait till you get to the part when tris finds out she's-

"Don't ruin it." I pouted as I turned around and saw Raymond smiling shyly.

"Sorry, adventurous books get me so amped up." He said shyly while standing behind me.

"Your not the only one." I stated while smiling at our similarities in book genres.

"Uhm would you like to sit down?" I questioned him hopeful he'd say yes so I wouldn't be embarrassed and dwell on the moment forever.

"Sure, why not." He said as he sat down in the wooden chair next to me at the 4 chair wooden table.

"I thought you'd be sitting in the cafeteria." He said as I looked down before answering.

"No, I like to eat in the library." I said slightly embarrassed.

"Is this like... your permanent eating spot." He queried some more.