Chapter 3

Minneapolis public library
5:30pm
January 20th, 2017

I smiled behind the counter as I thought to myself.

He's smart, and different. Not many kids now a days even come to the library anymore, all I ever see around here is old folks.

It's not a bad thing but it kind of made me lose faith in my generation. It's sad how electronics were taking over, books are precious.

"Okay, can I see a photo I.D." She asked kindly.

"All I have is my school I.D if that's alright."

"Yeah, of course. It's expected with minors." She said while typing away at the computer.

She gave him a slip from underneath the table before explaining instructions to him.

"You can fill this out here, and the card will be activated today. 5 books are allowed per cards, 3 magazines, and 14 movies. Whether Checking out magazines, books, and movies separate or together the rules are the same always." She said as he smiled at her kindly while nodding his head to signal that he was listening while filling out the form.

She explained some more instructions before grabbing the sheet and pen while pulling out the library card box.

"Grab a clean card, and you'll be all Set while I type your information into the computer."

He nodded as he grabbed a clean new card while handing it to cece.

She gave him his card before smiling at him.

"Enjoy." She said as he smiled while walking away.

"He's adorable, and a gentleman." Cece taunted as she pinched my cheek while I whined.

"I acted like such a chicken, I should've just faced him ce." I said sighing as I stood up.

"He's still here its not too late."

"I might as well continue hiding since that's what I decide to do just a couple minutes ago." I said while walking away.

"Awe, don't feel bad ku." Cece tried to comfort as I walked to the back for my break.

I don't even understand what this boy was doing to me. He probably doesn't even care to know I exist anymore and here I am obsessing like a fan girl over her celebrity crush.

I sighed deeply while grabbing a pack of noodles in the refrigerator taking off the paper lid and plastic wrap in the process.

I walked over to the sink running water in the small styrofoam cup before sticking it in the microwave.

I left it to heat on 3 minutes as I pressed start and leaned against the counter. I stared straight ahead daydreaming about nothing before I heard the beep on the microwave.

I opened a drawer for a plastic pork as I popped open the microwave to be met with steam clogging up my face.

I backed up coughing as I grabbed the noodles cup and brought it out.

I blew some steam away from the cup before I stuck my fork in the soft noodles and began mixing.

"Girl you'll never guess what type of books & movies he checked out." Cece said walking in the lounge as I whipped my head at her so fast I almost caught whiplash.