Chapter 6

Taco Bell
Friday, January 24th
4:30 pm

"What's your favorite color?" Raymond questioned as I sat back and thought profoundly.

"Yellow or orange."

"Ahh, colors of the sunset. I can dig that." He spoke as I got to see his creative side with that statement.

"Nice way of putting it." I stated as he chuckled and bit in his taco.

3 school days went past since Tuesday when I first met Raymond and they honestly flew by.

But that's what happens when we converse. Time seems to just shoot past and I'm getting used to it.

I didn't have work today and Raymond insisted he take me to get a bite to eat after school since he claims he heard my stomach growling 'from a mile away'.

I couldn't turn down free food and for the hundredth time didn't want to be cooped up inside on a Friday so I kindly accepted his offer.

"Nice way to put it." I said smiling at his sunset reference about my favorite colors.

"Thanks."

"What about you." I asked biting into my soft shelled taco.

"Gold. And Uh... that's probably all I'm not really into solid colors." He stated as I smiled.

"Same. Besides orange and yellow. I like colors like fuschia, indigo, any neon, all that creative stuff". I said before biting into my taco again.

I paused looking up glancing at him staring at me.

I chewed slowly while wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"What? Is there ranch on my mouth?" I question while swallowing the food in my mouth.

"Nah. You Gucci". He said as I laughed.

"Where you from anyway, 3 days of talking to you and I never questioned that mini accent you bring out from time to time". I laughed as he folded his arms on the table with high chairs we sat at.

He crossed his fingers and sat up more in his seat.

"Guess?"

"Well besides the fact that you're half Ethiopian". I stated Remembering the talk we had on the 1st day at school about our fathers.

"I'm going to go with... born and raised in Chicago" he scrunched up his face laughing as I hid my face.

He looked at me with a question glare as I shrugged.

"I don't know, don't even ask." I said laughing as he laughed too.

"Actually nah, I'm from Mississippi." My mouth stood agape as he chuckled.

"I don't believe you.. do the accent."

He breathed in heavily probably getting ready for it.

"I'm warning you right now it won't be very good aight. it only comes out when I'm feeling certain emotions like anger, extreme happiness, or... something else but let's not get into that." He stated very quickly as I sat confused by his last statement but quickly got over it when he opened his mouth to start.