Chapter 8

Shawnee South High School
Monday morning
7:00am

I walked up the stairs following the same routine every weekday where I become breathless.

Struggling to Open the slightly heavy door I chuckled and yanked it open hearing some screws squeak.

I began walking down the hall getting closer to my locker.

"Wow look at the young Rasta woman approaching me." Ray said jokingly as I laughed.

"Stop ray." I said chuckling while opening my locker and getting my school stuff.

"Okay, okay. But you look nice Kuni. It suits you."

"Thanks. Juno said the same thing."

"Great minds think alike." I chuckled and shut my Locker as we walked to 1st period together.

One thing about Monday is that it may be tiring to get back to the same routine after the weekend, but at least it's always a quick day.

Morning classes flew by fast and before I knew it we were in the library eating lunch.

"So how was your weekend Rasta." He said chuckling as I smiled at him.

"It was nice. Went shopping with Mercedes-the girl you saw at the library, And I got my hair done. You?" I said purposely leaving out the part about me meeting DeMarcus.

"It was cool. Had dinner with my family yesterdat, Followed somebody back on instagram-

"Wowww." I interrupted laughing as he chuckled.

"I knew you'd bring that up sooner or later." I added as he chuckled.

"Nice spam account by the way."

"Likewise, your an interesting person." I said as he pushed his tray away and pulled out his manga book.

"You too, Ms.mabior. You too." He said as I pulled my phone out to see a notification.

It was DeMarcus. We texted all night on Sunday and it was actually a good conversation, he's a really funny person.

I looked up to see Raymond already into his book before tending to DeMarcus texts.

DeMarcus

Hey beautiful

I smiled thinking about what to write back.

Good morning DeMarcus, why'd you ask for my name if you weren't going to use it😩

😂😂I'm sorry Hakuna, is that better.

Very much. It's not that I don't mind being called beautiful...

Don't worry, I understand. You not like a lot of the girls I've fucked with. Most of them feed off compliments to boost their ego, but you different shawty, & I like that.

I smiled from ear to ear. He was causing me to blush so much and he wasn't even in front of me.

who are these other girls that you used to date that are thinking like that.