● Chapter Five ●

It's the weekend , Im bored its hot and its nothing on tv. I go down into the basment of the apartment and try to find some Tools so I can fix our air and our Shower. While im down there I see things everyone puts here just for storage. I go through coat pockets for change and money for something to eat , I look for clothes That I can sell. New shoes I could wear. But I found the tools in a Container on the steps.

I left out that basement with $6.25 cents a pair of shoes and some shirts for me and some to sell.

I run back to my apartment and Spend damn near all day fixing our shower and air conditioner.

Until a knock comes at the door.

Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang

Five Hard Knocks that I'm sure people on the 6th floor heard. The knocks were so Hard The picture on our wall was rocking back and forth.

"It's the Police open up!" Bang Bang Bang.

It was a deep voice that frightened me. I walked slowly and opened the door. "Hello is there a Jackie Varner here?" I stared at him and his army of men I looked at there Waist full of weapons. I cleared my throat "Um Yeah she's-

"Go In and search the place Everything" the officer said loudly The officers barged in my tiny apartment like we were giving out free money. "What the hell let me go, I dont have nothing on me get up off me man" I heard my mother fussing. I looked at her all Highed up walking like she's a corpse or something. she turned and looked at me "Im sorry ty , Mommy gone be back and I love you tyler" she was on her way down the hall.

"Are You hear alone little girl?" The officer asked.

I've been through this many times before So I know exactly how to trick the boys , My father tought me before he got locked up for murder ,My father killed many of people based of revenge ..he told me He dont regret it ..What goes around comes around so thats all I know , I wasnt tought no better.

"No Sir , I dont live here just upstairs I came to help her fix her shower officer"

He looked at me for second nodded his head "Alright get going then i suppose" he says. "Ah No sir , I should inform her family She has hard time remembering numbers" I Lied again.

He glanced at the Phone and back at me suspicious "Okay then " and he left.

I Dont know why I lied like that because now im here alone , But it felt like that all the time even when my mother was sober she just stay in her room sleep ..Dont bother me none , I was independent since i Was 7.

Sauchi came over the next day and we watched her favorite tv show the first 48

"Man They sure did do him dirty , 10 stab wounds and a shot to the temple ..geesh they really wanted him dead" we laughed and Watched 2 hours of this show Which I sort of enjoyed ..Half the episodes They never caught the Criminal cause they were to sneaky like that. "Aye sauchi , What if I were a killer like them people on tv ?" I looked at her blank face "So be it then ..You gotta be smart ..cant get caught , dont leave no evidence Ha ..But you let then girls beat up on you , you dont got it in ya"

It was quiet after a while we watched two more episodes and then I thought I really dont care.

" But sauchi , My daddy is a killer , a killer so Technically its in my blood ..If i gotta toughen up thats what I do but they wont get away for these bruises , scars and cuts they put on a pretty face" I smirked sauchi laughed and agreed that indeed i do such.

Bye bye sissy girl.