Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Going home

I sit on a chair in the train in silence for a while, until I decide to try and find Cato. I walk through the train until I'm outside his door. I knock but there is no answer so I just walk in.

Cato is lying on his bed. "I just want to be alone Clove" he says. I ignore what he says and sit on the edge of his bed.
"What's wrong?" I say softly.
"It's just I don't know what to do now that I have won the games" he says.
"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Before the games all I did was train for them without that I'm nothing" he says. "Well first of all we will be mentors from now on and second did you forget our marriage?" I say.
"I know but being a mentor isn't fun and our marriage will probably be organised by the Capitol and nothing
will be how we want it" he says. I don't know what to say because could what Cato said be true? "Well it been great talking to you I have hardly had the chance since the games ended.
"Clove wait!" he cries.
"What?" I say. He leans forward and plants a soft kiss on my forehead.

I walk out of Cato's room and head to my room. I'm exhausted and I fall asleep in less than a minute. When I wake up, I head over to the dining room. Indigo tells us we are 10 minutes away from District 2.

Our prep team and stylists stayed in the Capitol so Indigo puts a little bit of make up on me and gives me my dress to put on. I go back to my room and brush my hair, I decide to leave it down. I don't have any belongings to take with me just my ring that I already have on.

I rush out my room and say my goodbyes to Indigo, I will see her again on the victory tour, in 6 months. The train stops and the doors open on to the platform, I grab Cato's hand and step out.

There is loads of people with cameras and people shouting and cheering. We walk through the crowd, shake hands whist people congratulate us. I still can't believe I'm back home.