he who... loves me ?

A ray of sunlight peeped through the satin curtains of my bedroom. I moaned.

'Are you awake, my lady ?'

I crowled al the way under the bedcovers. 'no. I'm not.'

He grinned.

'Do you wish me to go away then ? ' Alexander acted as he was leaving the room. 'N...NO...,I mean.. please stay. '

He took my hand in his and pulled me closer to him.

'I took care of that william boy..

he won't be able to hurt you anymore.'

He smiled. 'Or at least not with his tongue...'

I looked down.

'I'm really sorry for you, lady Elisabeth. But i'm here, you know that... right ?'

I looked straight into his eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes...

He came a little bit closer. 'Elisabeth..I..'

His lips opened a little. 'I..'

I shook my head and jumped out of the bed. He frowned.

'What's the problem ?'

I didn't answer him. I just left the room without saying a single word to the boy.

The frontdoor was open today.

It was never open. At least, not with Alexander around. He isolated me here just to make sure nothing could happen to me.

'That bastard...'

I looked over my shoulder and then back to the door.

'Should I....'

And I ran and didn't stop running.

--

The garden of the mansion was even more beautiful than I remembered from my childhood.

It was like a maze filled with flowers. I smiled when I saw a beautiful lake appearing before my eyes. The place where I used to fish with my dad.

I had left my shoes in the house so stepped barefoot in the icecold water.

I had to think of the time that alexander saved me from drowning. 'Why can't he just let me die ? I just want to see my parents again...'

I stepped deeper and deeper into

the water until my whole body was surrounded with it. And then also my head...

I couldn't breathe.

I was dying, once again.

He couldn't save me this time.