Chapter 10

Dmitri's POV

    This week has been horrible. Aubrey and August have been too busy to hang out or even get coffee with me before school. Everyone was still worrying about prom and getting dates, while no one knew I even existed. Sure, I had the two girls, but that was pretty much it. Everyone else ignored me unless they had a reason to talk to me. It sucked, but I've gotten used to it since middle school.

I planned on staying home on prom night, eating pizza and re-watching something on Netflix. I would probably get pictures of the girls and their dresses before the morning. August had gushed to me all about their whole night like she had planned it since she was six.

I was annoyed with every little mention of prom since I was kind of salty about not being asked to prom. I didn't want some guy or girl asking me out of pity, though. I wanted them to actually have feelings for me. Now that's unlikely. Some people might say "Go with friends" but to be honest I don't have many. Plus almost every guy in the school has a date except for the nerdy people that play chess at lunch. I zoned out for a bit then realized I had to get to school. I quickly grabbed my stuff and my scrapple sandwich and ran to the school.

Of course there were people talking about prom. I don't get the big deal, it's just a dance. Somehow i'm early. I sit down by a tree, plug in my cold, dark earbuds to my phone and listen to some Fall Out Boy. They just released a new song it was really good! I look up to see a guy with black hair covering one eye, and blue eyes. I-Is he bl-blushing?! No he can't be. Who would like me?

"Hi, I'm Zane. I've seen you around and you look like a nice friend." He said kinda in a nervous tone but soon shifted to a normal one.

"Hello, my name is Dmitri. It's ok if you don't pronounce it right. It took a week for my best friends to figure it out." I say laughing remembering how August and Aubrey were pronouncing my name back then. After that we started talking more and we actually have a lot of the same interests.

"Wow, he's kinda cute... Wait no Dimitri you just met him like twenty minutes ago you can't like him! Plus you are thinking of asking someone else to prom!" I think to myself as I slap my wrist. Zane had a confused look on his face. I bet he was wondering what I was thinking.