Chapter 24: The Quite Unexpected Escape

Vailan's POV

"Why won't they just give in." I voiced to the room as I used the looking glass water in front of me and watched the two Jareths and the child ride through the woods.I had hoped to stop them by sending them through the forest with its soft yet slippery floor. But it seems the horses in this world had 6 legs. 

Damn creepy horses.

"I must stop them." I said aloud and moved towards the door.

"NO!" That voice resonated around me. That terrible voice, the one that resonated pure evil.I wished i still had the cloak i used to use to shroud my face because I didn't exactly look threatening in this stupid Fae form i share with my brothers, but Ruby damaged it, so now it doesn't work. I smiled to myself for a moment as I remembered what I did to that damn angel, then came back from my thoughts, into the situation I was currently in.

"What do you mean 'no'." I spat back at the voice. I may have been afraid of the body-less voice, but I wasn't about to let him know that.

"You never listen do you? DO I JUST HAVE A FACE THAT NOBODY LISTENS TO!" I considered reminding him that he didn't have a face, but he cut me off before I had chance.

"Don't answer that. Anyway, as i was saying, i do not want you to stop them getting here."I looked around, presumably at the voice, confused. 

"Why?"

"As i have told you before, its part of the plan."

"Plan?" I huffed. "What plan."

"THE PLAN I HAVE EXPLAINED TO YOU THREE TIMES!" I flinched away, which it turns out if a pretty difficult thing to do when the think your trying to move away from is all around you.

"Now." The voice said again. "Do as I tell you and we will come out on top. You've disobeyed me once by bringing that other Jareth and Sarah to this world, and then again by kidnapping that Sarah and I let it slide. But I am warning you. Do not do it again."

As he said that last sentence, the room around me burst into flames. I was left coughing and clawing for air until the sures subsided, and I was left to the darkness.

Sarah Everild's POV

I woke with the sun warm on my face, and its brightness showing through my eyelids.I opened my eyes and looked around. I was.... in my room? As in, mine and Jareths room back home."Your awake." I hear a voice say from beside me.

"Jareth?" I asked. Genuinely shocked. How did he get here? How did i get here? I was... where was I? 

"Obviously." I heared Jareth say, and I looked at him again. 

"Unless you were hoping for somebody else. Because i hate to break it to you, but Gareth is taken." He joked.

"What?" I asked confused, and looked down at my hands.I felt Jareth put his arm around me and pull me into him.

"I know, your tired. You've been sleeping ever since we got back from that other world."

"Back from the other world..." I mumbled to myself. This just didn't seem right. I saw something out of the corner of my eye and wondered. 

It didn't fit.

Turning I looked into Jareth's eyes, one blue, one brown, and I smiled.

"Yeah, of course. I forgot thats all." I said, shaking my head and standing from the bed. Walking over to the vanity table to look in the mirror.I saw him walk up behind me and knew it was my moment. I looked at him through the mirror. 

Not Jareth no, Vailan.

I swiftly picked up the knife I had noticed while i was on the bed, the one I knew didn't fit simply because of its bizarre shape, like nothing Jareth owned, and I put it sharp end against Vailan's throat.