Chapter 30 : The Next Morning

Sarah Williams' POV

When I awoke the next morning it was light and the others were all still asleep. At least, I assumed they were.

I laid next to Roselea for somewhere between 5 and 30 minutes before I couldn't take it any longer. I had to get up.

In a matter of seconds, I was up and out of the tent without waking Roselea.

It was warm outside and the sun shone off everything in that way it only did in the morning when it first got light and then darkened back down again before becoming the day. It was beautiful.

I walked around the clearing looking at everything. The sky, the trees, the grass, the log next to the campfire. An image flashed in my head of the night before. No, not the log next to the campfire, back to the trees, back to the grass and the sky.

It was useless.

I had looked at my seat from last night, and now it's the only place my eyes would go.

I sat on the log that was placed on the other side of the campfire to the one Jareth Eden and I had sat on the night before. I stared at the log thinking over what had happened the night before. Jareth making me tea. Jareth kissing me. Me telling Jareth that I.... Oh my god... Did I? I thought back. Yes. I did, in fact, tell Jareth that I loved him, then continued to make out with him.

It was now that I realized how happy I was that I was the only one awake. I didn't know how I felt about kissing Jareth and telling him I loved him and I needed time to think over the whole thing.

Why did I kiss him? Was it because he kissed me? Was it because I wanted to kiss him? Why did I say I loved him? Do I love him? Don't I love him?

I don't know.

I sat and thought some more.

The sun had fully risen into its morning position when I had finally made up my mind, and just in time, it seemed. I heard the doors to all three tents open and out stepped Jareth Everild, Sarah Everild, Roselea and Jareth Eden.

I smiled politely at them and got smiles in return. Sarah's smile was different though, there was something off about it.

I couldn't place it, but it felt familiar. Of course its familiar, I scolded myself, you have the same face so it's only reasonable you would have the same expression, though I wasn't sure which expression it was.

"Good morning," Roselea said, skipping over to sit beside me. "You were up early this morning."

I frowned. So much for sneaking out of the tent without waking her up, I thought.

"Don't worry, she's a ridiculously light sleeper." Said a voice from my right. I didn't need to look up to know who it was, but I did anyway. My eyes met Jareth Eden's and I smiled and looked back down.

There were rounds of chatter in a variety of topics as we caught, cooked and ate breakfast. And yes, I did just say caught. Roselea thought it would be fun. By the end, neither I nor my face agreed. The rabbit probably did though, baiting me into falling over another branch or root. On the upside Roselea gave me some of her prey so I didn't go back empty-handed.

After breakfast I decided to go and stand by the tree line, leaning on one of the trees.

I locked over the camp but didn't realise I wasn't actually looking AT the camp until a shadow shielded the sun from my eyes and I looked to the side to see Sarah Everild was stood with me.

"Hi." I noticed she was studying me in such a way I partially expected that she could see the very atoms that built up my existence.

"Hey." She said with that smile back on her face. I couldn't place it before but seeing it up close paired with the look in her eyes, I realised. That was my accusing slash know 'I know things you don't know or perhaps don't want me to know' look. A look that I, a fellow wearer of that look and face, needed to know the reason for.