Chapter 1

[Hermione POV]
I look at my calendar, 5 days until school! After my peaceful morning run, I shower and dress in a tight sweater dress, leggings, and riding boots.

Leaving my hair to air dry, I go downstairs to make breakfast, and I see 2 owls pecking at the kitchen window, and on closer inspection, I see that one is a Barn Owl, and the other is a Tawny Owl, opening the window I untie my letters, give each o...

Leaving my hair to air dry, I go downstairs to make breakfast, and I see 2 owls pecking at the kitchen window, and on closer inspection, I see that one is a Barn Owl, and the other is a Tawny Owl, opening the window I untie my letters, give each owl a treat and then watch the Tawny Owl fly away. Seeing the Hogwarts crest and seal on one of the letters, I open that one first.

Dear Miss Hermione Jean Granger,
I applaud you for your decision to continue your schooling. I chose you for Head Girl, and Draco Malfoy as Head Boy. I expect you to be civil. Write back in two days' time if you wish to accept this position.
Sincerely,
Headmistress Minerva McGonagall

I'm Head Girl?! Malfoy is Head Boy?! I try to ignore the fact that my enemy is Head Boy, while I write a short letter to Professor McGonagall, and send it back using the Barn Owl. I glance at the second letter to see the Gringotts seal. Gringotts? Why would they send me a letter?

Miss Granger,
Please come to Gringotts as soon as possible today, to discuss your inheritance.
-Knobby

Well, PopTarts it is! I run to my room to finish getting ready, and I grab my purse and apparate to Diagon Alley, which is surprisingly empty. Walking into Gringotts I get in line to be helped when something or rather someone pulls on my dress. "Hullo Miss Granger, my name is Knobby ma'am, and if you would please follow me we can get down to work." We begin to walk down a long hallway and into the very last room. "Do sit Miss." I begin sitting until I notice the other person in the room.
"Harry!" I shout, embracing him, "What're you doing here?"
He doesn't get to answer, because Knobby speaks first. "Ms.Granger, Mr.Potter. If you could please take your seats." We murmur our apologies and sit. "What I am about to tell you will seem crazy, but do your best to just listen and not interrupt." Harry grabs my hand, squeezes it, and nods, telling Knobby to go on. "You are not Harry James Potter and Hermione Jean Granger. You, Harry, are Ronan Ember Beckett, and Hermione you are Isla Delphine Beckett. The children of Seraphina Lotus Beckett, and Alistair Phoenix Beckett, who during schooling and the war went by Lily and James Potter.