Disturbed Innocence

The doctor's office was cold and uninviting as he nods to the two chairs, telling Nash and I to sit. He puts his palm against the desk.

 "The file for Joseph Grayson," he says and the desk lights up. 

He touches a button on the desk and then looks up at us. 

His serious expression reveals nothing. 

"I have you here as Joseph's next of kin. I will inform you bluntly about the state of his condition." 

He says in a monotone voice that contains only the slightest sympathies and picks up the trash can next to his desk, gently placing it next to me. What was he insinuating? 

He clasps his hands together. 

"First and foremost, Joseph is alive. However, he is far from well. It seems from our investigations that Joseph protected a lot of the other spouses from harm's way by taking most of the injuries." 

The doctor pauses and Nash puts a hand on my shoulder. That sounds like Joseph alright. Always putting others before himself. 

"We have concluded that Joseph was assaulted, shot, stabbed, beaten, and...raped." He says and I look at the floor, taking in every word and trying to wrap my mind around it until rape came into the sentence and I start to cough. 

I look over at Nash who was as pale as a ghost and he looks at me, I turn over, thankful for the trash can the doctor placed next to me.

I walk over to the Sorelena division of the hospital. The doctor's diagnosis runs through my head a million times. 

"Because of what happened to him we do have him labeled as a suicide risk, but there have been no attempts. He's been silent for the most part but when he does speak he says your name multiple times."

 I slam my fist into the drywall creating a large hole. 

"I built this hospital from the ground up, but I suppose I'll forgive you for that one." I look up to see Mia, her doctor's coat on and tablet in hand. 

She looks around the empty hallway. 

"This division has been cleared just for our family." She says and leads me to a secluded door at the end of the hall. 

"This is his room. Peter before you go in he's not..." 

I go past her and open the door.