Not All Is What It Seems (Zanemau)

Title: Not All Is What It Seems (Soulmate AU)
Pairing: Zanemau
Length: 1152

~~~~~
Aphmau let out a soft laugh as she saw Aaron approach for another movie.

In this world, you had a soulmate and that soulmate had a mark on their palm after they had a deep emotional connection with each other.

The mark contained something that was a major part of the personality of the other, along with a different gem printed there that matches your soulmate.

See, Aphmau and Aaron always assumed that their emotional connection was coming.

Later, they were to find out they shouldn't of gone off of their assumption.

It began with Aphmau and Zane with ponies and cupcakes, the usual.

Lately, Aphmau has been trying to get rid of a feeling of longing in her soul, like it was trying to reach out to something. Something that she thought was always there.

"Well, I think Pinkie Cake should have the last cupcake." Zane's voice echoed in the room.

"No, Flarity should have it!" A giggle leaving her lips. In all honesty, she loved these moments with Zane, just to relax. She got a nice warm feeling from it, almost a feeling of completion, almost as if her soul was-

She was cut off from her thoughts as Zane reached over for the last cupcake. Oh, she wasn't going to let Zane get away with her cupcake!

Zane saw she was reaching for the cupcake and pulled away from her.

"You are not getting this cupcake Flarity! It belongs to me!"
"Not for long Pinkie Cake, the last one belongs to me!"

Zane hovered his mouth over the cupcake, about to take a bite when Aphmau tripped over the plate between them. She landed with a thud on Zane, the cupcake flying away from his hand landing a foot away.

Zane and Aphmau's faces were only inches away from each other. The close proximity between them causing red to blossom on their cheeks. Aphmau wanted to pull away but she couldn't. She stayed there looking into his eyes.

His beautiful blue eyes..

She didn't realize what she had done until she pulled away from him with a surprised expression on Zane's face.

"Yo-You k-kissed m-me."

Her blush grew a deeper shade of red.
She stared into his eyes and snapped back to reality. "O-oh.."
I looked him in the eyes, they conveyed his feeling of awkwardness.

"Um, Aph we're still in this position.."
"Oh yeah, I guess we are.." She gave a small smile and got off of Zane.

She sat away from Zane and bit her lip. (She thought she would break it because of how hard she was biting it.)

"We probably shouldn't talk about this and pretend it didn't happen.." Zane's voice trailed off as he stared at the floor.

They probably shouldn't.

So they didn't.

Everything went as normal, but with a blanket of awkwardness wrapped around them.