Blame it on the Rain (pt2)

Aphmau

A boy? The irony of the situation was almost enough to make her laugh. Her mother fought so hard to keep any male away from her. Now she didn't care.

Suddenly, I'm feeling brave, I don't know what's got into me. Why do I feel this way? Even if I didn't, I have no say in this matter. My mom and the doctors have their minds set on this. Everyone is worried about me, my depression has been as foul as the cancer.

After the fear of possibly leaving the cruel word wore off, it was replaces with deep rooted sadness. Why did this happen to me? Slowly sadness gave into an emptiness, hallow and cold.

Why did I suffer the punishment for mistakes I didn't make?

I asked myself that same question all the time. Never did I once get an answer. I wonder if he felt the same? Was this Zane boy just as miserable as me?

He would be the first person I've seen that wasn't my mother or hospital staff. Would he be the last person I see?

My question would be answered sooner than I had anticipated when the nurse knocked on the door.

"Come in" A muffled voice from inside said.

Garroth

I speak for both me and Zane when I say I felt shock to see a girl around my age be pushed into the room. She looked so fragile.
She favored Zane in a way, they both had almost grey skin, small frame, and sad eyes.

They were the faces of caner.

The nurse introduced the girl as Aphmau. The nurse began to tell us about her, the girl just sat there in her wheelchair with her head down. Her hair was a curtain that covered the sadness in her eyes.

The nurse finally left. A veil of awkward silence wrapped around us. For a period of time no one said anything or moved a muscle. The girl, Aphmau never even looked up at us. That was until Zane finally said something.

"My name is Zane."

"I know, it says your name on the front of your door." She said in a broken whisper.

After that the silence returned. It wasn't her fault, it had been like this for me and since our family found out the news.

"I'm Garroth."

To my surprise she actually looked up at me.

"Nice to meet you." When I actually look at her, she is kinda pretty. Despite her sickly appearance, she was beautiful. I wonder how she looked before the cancer started to suck the life from her?

I wonder where her sickness began? Would it be rude to ask her?

"Why are you here?" Zane suddenly ask. I nearly chocked on the air I was breathing in. How could be so casually ask that?

"My lungs. I have stage...I have lung cancer."

That explained her wheezy hoarse voice and the assortment of tubes coming from the back of her wheelchair.

How sick was she?

"Its my stomach. I have stage 4 stomach cancer."

Aphmau

My heart sunk into the pit of my stomach. He was just as sick as me.

That's the thing about cancer, the monster sneaks up on you. It waits till you think your safe and happy, only to turn your happiness into ashes. Before you know it, you're dying.