All about us (Laurmau pt1)

Inspired by the Song Happily Ever After by He Is We.

Aphmau

It's just a simple question Aphmau. You've asked this a thousand times. You've asked him and you've asked yourself.

What about our happy ending?

"Laurence."

He looked up at me with curiosity playing in his eyes. He hair had grown over the summer. He might wanna cut it before school starts in two weeks. He'll be a senior, its our last year going to the same school. I've been dreading this since we started dating.

I just want to get caught very happy ending with Laurence and its hard.

We both knew this was a possibility for our future. Laurence insisted that I didn't look ahead of what could happen and think about what is happening. The past already happened and the future was too far away.

He brought to my favorite spot, our spot, the park. The leaves had fallen off the trees, all of them orange. We stood on the leaf covered ground throwing stones at the pond. We made a game out of it.

Who's rock would skip the farthest?

"Yeah Aph?" Laurence calling my snap made me snap out of my fearful thoughts.

He'll be leaving me soon. This is why I need to know. It was just us alone in the park. The weather had cooled down so most people stayed inside. I didn't care fall was my favorite season, he knew that. That's why he insisted that I come to the park with him.

"Its just...school starts soon... What happens after that?" I mumbled the last part so low I doubt he heard me.

He looked at me studying my face. He finally dropped the flat stone he was holding. It landed on the ground with a soft thump.

"What's up?" He asked in confusion. He didn't understand what is was saying, I didn't even understand.

"You'll be graduating next soon. This is your last year of highschool." I finally said fighting back the tears. I was afraid he would move on and find someone else, someone better than me.

"Aph. We talked about this..."  Laurence said. His voice sounded deflated and tired. He and i have spent hours talking about this. He wanted nothing more than to calm my fears.

But, did I ever stop to think about his?

I hope he doesn't think that I'll move on from him. I couldn't.

"I know...but..." What could I say? How could I tell him my insecurities? The same pressing fear crawled up my spine again.

Laurence took Aphmau's hands in his. They were eye to eye. Looking into the souls of their lover.

"Aph, I'm not gonna repeat this. Aphmau I love you. I'm not going to move on from you, I can't move on from you. Your my best friend and the love of my life. Me going to college won't change that. I just hope that time apart won't change you."

"Laurence... I..." I was out of words to say to him. Everything he was saying was true.

Ignored his fears, would our time apart change me?

No, nothing would change us.

"Laurence, that wouldn't change me. I'm over reacting...I just remember how Aaron couldn't keep his promise. I know you aren't him." Laurence gave a small sigh of relief and pulled me in for a tight hug.

"Good. Now can we go back to our competition? I was winning."

"No you weren't!"

"Yes I was."

We completely forgot about our previous conversation. We went back to laughing and playing like we weren't going to be separated soon.