With ill intent (Einmau pt2)

The second and final part to Mine for a Time.

Aaron

What do you do when the sun explodes?

That's what happened to me. She was my sun, my star, my world. For a period of time I couldn't live without her. I was greedy when it came to her. I could never have enough. I was a leach that wanted to drink and drink from her, never satisfied.

When she told me of the life we had created everything made sense at that moment. Every challenge was worth it. I was at every doctors appointment from that point forward. I didn't want to miss a thing. When we found out we created a beautiful soul that belonged to a girl I couldn't have been happier. I would have another Aphmau.

That night when we laid in bed the world crumbled, my world crumbled. I knew the moment I awoken to Aphmau's gut wrenching cry we would never be the same. As the scarlet liquid flowed onto the once stainless white sheets I knew we were finished.

Nothing was the same after that. This was by far the most difficult time I have ever had to endure. She found comfort in sorrow I found comfort in others. Then I took things too far. I used Lilly to fill an empty space left behind after our loss. There was no love shared between me and Lilly, she was only comfort.

I wanted to break things off with her but I was too weak. The day she came to me tears in her eyes and told me she may be pregnant my decision was already made. I had already lost one, I wasn't going to give this one up.

The day Aphmau finally caught us I wasn't prepared. I knew one day I would have to tell her. I couldn't have both, even if my greed wanted it. I wasn't prepared for the broken look in her eyes. I wasn't prepared for her to ask why.

What answer could I possible give that was good enough for her?

What answer would excuse my unforgivable sin?

I thought I knew what pain was, I was wrong. True pain was watching her refuse my hand and walk away.

The divorce was a heavy one. Something so heavy moved pass so quickly. It was simple, she wanted nothing. Lilly had already stolen everything from her. I tried my hardest to stay in contact with her. I had to know she was ok.

The day her mother found out she took a baseball bat to my car. She told me I was lucky it wasn't my head. She repeated this action every time I got it fixed. My insurance company asked who my enemies are. I never once called the police I couldn't take her mother from her too. I had the feeling she was the only thing keeping her alive.

When I caught word that she had left Phoenix Drop and moved to Bright Port I had to follow her. Lilly continued to ask me why we needed to move all of a sudden. I couldn't tell her it was because I couldn't live without Aphmau near, so I lied. I told her we needed to move for the company.

Even though we moved I still didn't see her for a while. It took everything in my power to not go and hire a private detective to find her. That would make Lilly suspicious. Then one day I seen her. She was talking out of a small cafe. She must have been working there. She was everything I remembered and more.

Perfect visual tones.

I didn't directly look at her. I knew looking into those brown eyes would make me drop to my knees and beg for forgiveness. She seen me too. She fell to the hard ground they way she did when she found me cheating. I wanted more than ever to pick her up and rock her in my arms like I used to, but I didn't. Instead he picked her up. Ein, I knew he wanted her in highschool. I was the only thing stopping him and now I'm out of the picture.

After that I couldn't stop thinking of her. All the tears we shed together, all the laughs, all the late night talks, everything. It haunted my dreams. She was my beautiful nightmare. The only way to clear her from my head was the brown fire water that had a reputation for destroying lives.

I filled my belly to destroy my mind.

I didn't think I could possibly make things worse, but I did. I knew it was wrong, I knew I shouldn't have gotten behind the wheel, but I did.

That accident was my fault, I killed him.

Because of me you lost two loves and for that I'm sorry, Aphmau.