All these thoughts locked inside - All American Rejects

(Louis’s P.O.V.)

At ten fifty-nine, I pulled up right to my parking place. Quinn was nowhere to be seen, not that I had actually expected her to be back by eleven, but I was somewhat saddened. Maybe I just wanted to see her again. There was a knock on the window. I checked the clock and it was eleven fourteen. I opened the door and stared her down in disappointment.

“Fourteen minutes late.”

“Oh, shut up,” she said grinning widely. She got in the car and shut the door as I pulled out onto the main street. She didn’t speak for a while, just stared ahead.

“Well, how was it then?” I asked. She flashed a smile that I could tell was very forced, which I was glad for. Maybe she wouldn’t see him again. 

“It was nice. I haven’t dated since…Luke,” she sighed. I scowled. Great. She liked him.

“So I take it he wasn’t as much of a tool as he looked like?” I asked. She dropped her jaw, but her lips curled into a small, disbelieving smile.

“He was not a tool,” she protested. He laughed and rolled my eyes. “Oh, sure. I saw him, he was wearing baggy jeans and sagging. Nobody’s worn that since 2009.”

“Oh, shut up Louis!” she said punching my arm and laughing. “He was very nice, if you must know. He took me for a walk and bought me ice cream – ”

“Ooh, ice cream. What a gentleman. If all it takes is ice cream to win you over, I’d stay away from children’s birthday parties,” I said sarcastically. She glared at me. “Sorry. Carry on.”

“Whatever. I’m not gonna tell you anymore,” she said. I smiled at her and she had her eyes set on the road.

“Aw, come on love. You won’t tell your chauffer what you did this fine evening?” I asked. She shook her head stubbornly.

“Nope. You’re being mean.”

“You’re being a damn six year old. Tell me how it was,” I pressed. She kept her lips sealed. “Ah, the silent treatment. I see how it is. I’ll just have to entertain us both then,” I muttered. I turned the radio back on and listened to a line and then began to sing along, and loud.

“I’ll get you like OOH! Baby, baby! OOH! Baby, baby! And I’ve tried to fight it, to fight it! But you’re so magnetic, magnetic! Got one life, just live it! Just live it! Now relax and get on your back, if you want to scream!” I sang. I turned to Quinn, who was suppressing a smile. “Get you going like A-OOH BABY, BABY OOH BABY, BABY!”

Quinn put her head down and submerged into a fit of giggles, blushing madly. She locked eyes with me and joined in. “If you want it done right! Hope you’re ready to go all night!” she shouted. “OOH BABY, BABY! OOH BABY, BABY!” I suddenly swerved a little, but straightened out. Quinn started laughing like a madman again and the rest of the way home, we tried to refrain from singing.

We walked through the door and the others all looked up at us. They all seemed to look at me in sympathy, but I didn’t want their pity. I just grinned at them and we sat down on the couch. “This girl, had some good ice cream tonight,” I said giving her a quick wink. She swatted me on the back of the head.

“What? There’s ice cream?” Niall asked jumping up and going through the kitchen.

“How was it, Quinn. Was he hot?” Katie asked.

“Did he kiss you?” Jo asked. I looked at her expectantly. She blushed furiously and grinned. “Oh, Quinn you sexy mama! The boys just can’t resist a piece of this hot ass,” Jo said messing with Quinn’s hair and kissing her cheek. Harry, Zayn, and I all raised our eyebrows at her.