Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones. Turn into something beautiful - Coldplay

(Louis’s P.O.V.)

I had planned to wake up early and make Quinn breakfast and give it to her in bed. She really deserved it. But Quinn poked me awake. And she had made me breakfast.

“No,” I groaned, staring at the waffles and orange juice. She raised her eyebrows.

“What’s wrong?”

“I was supposed to make you breakfast! Why are you so damn nice?” I asked. She laughed and shoved the waffle in my mouth.

“Eat! I didn’t make it so that you could talk to me.”

I swallowed. “Nice to know you like talking to me.”

“No problem, babe,” she said cheerfully. I continued to chew.

“Why are you so happy?” I asked.

“Because I emailed all of my texts with Luke to the Ohio State Police Department. He’s been charged guilty. I don’t know what his consequence is yet. They might sentence him to death,” she muttered.

“Death?”

“Yeah. That’s a serious offence, you know. Murder and blackmail. But he was seventeen when he committed the murder so it’s still undetermined…”

I watched her face as she stared at the window behind me. “Are you all right?”

She sighed and took another bite. “No. But I think I will be.”

I smiled at her and I watched as her blue eyes lit up again like they had so many times before. I had missed that spark inside of her. The fire that gave me proof that she was, in fact, the Quinn Lord I loved.

“Hey, Quinn. What time is it?” I asked, realizing that it was still dark. She checked her watch.

“Four in the morning.”

I shot her a confused look. “Why would you make us breakfast at four in the morning?”

“Because the waffle house was closed,” she answered. I snorted and she started to laugh as well. “I don’t know, I woke up and I was hungry and felt awake.”

“Well, since we’re up, I’m taking you somewhere,” I said, grabbing her by the wrist.

“Where?”

I stopped her. “Quinn, I know you hate surprises. Which is exactly why I will never ever tell you where we are going.”

She glared at me. “Louis, you suck.”

“But you love me,” I said with a wink. She jumped forward unexpectedly and kissed me. This soon turned into snogging and after a while, we both ran out of breath. She pulled back and grinned at me, breathing faster than usual.

“Of course I love you,” she whispered. I smiled and kissed her forehead and pulled her to the car. “Louis, it should be illegal for you to drive,” she muttered.

“But it’s not. Lucky me!” I exclaimed. I turned the car on and drove around for a while. After twenty minutes, Quinn spoke up.

“Louis, this is the third time we’ve passed that bookstore. You’re just driving in circles, what is going on?” she demanded. I smiled to myself and stuck my tongue out at her.

“Be quiet!”

“I refuse!” she shouted. Then she started to make a weird noise that sounded like a cross in between a walrus and a flamingo.

“The hell?” I asked. She stopped and started laughing her crazy laugh that I had missed so much. I stopped the car and she looked around.

“Louis?”

“Stay there! I am opening your door this time and I will not fall,” I insisted jumping out of my seat.

“Louis don’t slide – crap,” she muttered as I attempted yet again to slide but fell again. She started to laugh again.

“DON’T MOVE!” I shouted, jumping back to my feet and running around to her door. I stood in front of it and brushed off my shoulders calmly and opened her door slowly with a smile. “Hello, love.”

She beamed up at me in disbelief. “You still don’t fail to amaze me, Lou.”

“Aw, Quinny,” I said pulling her out of her seat. She followed me into the deserted building and I pulled out my key and guided her inside. She looked around and I could tell she still didn’t recognize it.

“Louis, where are we?”

I just smirked and didn’t answer and guided her through the winding dark halls. She sighed behind me and followed.

Eventually, I reached the place in the building I was looking for. I smiled at the door and opened it, pulling her into the closet. She frowned at me and looked around, then her jaw dropped.

“Is this…the closet where we met?” she asked, cracking a smile. I nodded, biting my lip. She laughed and kissed me, pulling on the collar of my shirt.

(Quinn’s P.O.V.)

When I stopped kissing him, I stared around at the closet in disbelief. “Did you know you’re amazing?” I asked. He shrugged.

“I’ve been told.”

“I’m not even kidding, getting chased into this closet may be the best thing that ever happened to me,” I whispered. I could see his blue-green eyes sparkling in the dark.

“Thank you,” he said. I frowned.

“For what?”

He smiled, wrapping his hands around my waist. “For loving me back."

The end.