I think that they could be the better half of me - Onerepublic

(Quinn’s P.O.V.)

The plane ride back was horrible. There was turbulence like none other and as fate would have it I was next to a fat guy who would not stop eating. Not to mention I was silently crying and torturing myself with sad music while missing Louis. That was the worst part.

I stepped out of the plane and wiped my eyes quickly, trying to look normal. I didn’t want Luke to know he had broken me. The thing was, I figured he couldn’t. I figured I was already so messed up, without so much, there was nothing left for him to tear from me. I thought I was already broken, but I was wrong. He ripped Louis right out of my hands. Now I was truly alone.

“There you are,” he whispered darkly in my ear. I turned around to face him and his evil smile. “Welcome home, Quinn.”

(Louis’ P.O.V.)

Forty-seven calls in two hours and still she hadn’t answered. When I went in for the forty-eighth, Liam snatched my phone and put it down Niall’s pants. I jumped up in anger, ready to put my hand anywhere to call her, and Niall ran for it looking quite afraid.

“Louis?” Alex called. I looked up. My face felt weird with salt from dry tears and she was shooting me a sympathetic look. She sat down on the end of the bed next to me.

“Yes?”

She sighed. “I just want you to know that she really loved you. And I think she still does. Quinn just isn’t the type of girl that can handle all of this. You know? She needs her life to be calm. And right now, she has to focus on her Luke situation before she goes to anything else.”

I clenched my fists thinking of Luke and jumped up. “That bastard is going to jail,” I snarled.

“Louis, stop!” Alex demanded. I had my hand on the doorknob, but I didn’t open it. “You shouldn’t get into this. That is the last thing she needs right now.”

“But – ”

“I forbid you, Louis,” she said firmly. I realized with a pang that she was right. I collapsed back onto the bed.

“She’s not coming back,” I muttered dejectedly. Alex sighed.

“Give her some time. That’s what she really needs right now.”

(Quinn’s P.O.V.)

“Luke, I swear, if you’ve hurt them, I’ll kill you myself,” I growled, crossing my arms and turning to the window. He just laughed.

“You really scare me, Quinn.”

I punched his arm as hard as I could and was satisfied when he shut up, glaring at the road. “So what now? You take me to them and we go home and pretend this never happened?”

“Precisely. And you don’t speak to Louis again – ”

“Or what?”

“Or I’ll invite your parents to be my house guests once again,” Luke insisted. Asshole. I kept my lips sealed.

We pulled up to a dark, boarded up house. Luke kept his firm grip on my arm as he guided me inside. He threw me to the ground next to my parents. They were unconscious. I started to untie them and I carried them out to the car. Luke watched me the whole time with a sour look.

He dropped me off at home. “Hey Quinn!” he called once I had reached my door. I turned around,

“What now?”

“Just a heads-up, I have your phone tracked. Make any unwanted calls…and I’ll know,” he said darkly. Then he sped away. How did he know I was planning on calling Louis right when I got inside. I felt my tears burning behind my eyes; this was too unbearable.

I dragged my parents inside and tossed them roughly on the couch. Then I went to my room, wondering how to explain all of this and skip the mushy part when my parents pretended to be worried for me and hug me. I hated that.

I realized with a heart-shattering pain that I would never see Louis again. I called Alex.

“Hello?” I sounded like hell.

“Quinn! Oh my God! Please come back, Louis is a wreck without you. He’s locked himself in his room and refused to talk to any of us. Why did you go?” she asked. Hearing this made me bust into tears. “Oh, honey I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you upset.”

I cried even harder in the darkness of my room, wondering if I should tell her everything. Then again, my phone was being tracked. “I just…I still love him!”

“I know you do. So tell me why you left him,” she demanded. I tried to get back to regular breathing.

“Because – I just – I can’t take the fame – and the hate – and the – the – everything!” I lied.

“I’m giving him the phone – ”

“No!” I shouted. I started to protest until I heard his voice, which sounded just as horrible as mine.

“Quinn?” he croaked. I was dead silent for a moment. “Love?” he asked. I hung up. Louis’ voice was too much for me to handle. Then I broke down and cried my eyes out until I finally fell asleep, around three in the morning.

(Louis’ P.O.V.)

“Quinn?” I asked, hoping I didn’t sound too horrible. There was no answer. Maybe she hadn’t heard me. “Love?” I asked. There was a sharp breath, like the one most people would draw before crying, and then the line went dead.

I dejectedly handed the phone back to Alex, who was waiting impatiently right behind me. I walked back to my room with my head down. No matter what Quinn told herself, she needed someone to take care of her. I cast a quick glance at the balcony, where she had fallen apart the night before.

I wanted my girl back. I wanted her to be here, in my arms. I wanted to be with her, all day every day. That sounded incredibly cheesy.

“Lou, we’re getting back on the tour bus. Pack up,” Liam said softly. He waited for my answer, but I didn’t move. “Please?” he urged. I got up and started to pack my things. Liam left me alone.

I was the last one to leave that hotel. I stared at the room in a slight trance. What if that would be the last time I’d seen Quinn. I should’ve made every second count. Now I was alone with a suitcase and an empty room.